[Capdist-announce] “Mrs. Packard” Garners Harbinger’s Best Reviews Ever! (fee required

Patrick White white.patrick1963 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:22:18 EST 2023

*Our Best Reviews Ever!!*
*FINAL 3 SHOWS *
*12/14-12/16*

“The most outstanding piece this young company has produced to
date.”-Nippertown
“Harbinger has exactly what we need: a fresh look at a current issue
through a dramatic perspective. This is what theatre is about and what it
is for.”-Berkshire Bright Focus
“Kathleen Carey’s impeccable portrayal of the titular Mrs. Packard makes
this play one of the most powerful stage productions I have seen this
year.”-Berkshire On Stage
“Harbinger Theatre’s production of Emily Mann’s Mrs. Packard at the Albany
Barn is an enjoyable night of theater – giving the audience a dose of
history with modern day relevance, and challenging theater goers to
appreciate how far we’ve come as a society and what fights are left to
finish.”-Radioradiox

“Harbinger Theatre is now in its second year of operation. Their current
production, “Mrs. Packard” helps explain why the new group has been so
successful in gaining the support of audiences. It takes on subjects to
which audiences respond on a visceral level.”-WAMC

The Capital Region Premiere of this searing drama of the little-known,
pioneering feminist, Elizabeth Parsons Ware Packard, who was legally
confined to an insane asylum in 1861 for disagreeing with her husband
publicly. After three years of documenting her abuse while in confinement,
she earned her freedom. She campaigned for women's rights for the rest of
her life, changing the law in 34 states. Insights into contemporary
relevance are strongly implied and encouraged.

Mrs. Packard
By Emily Mann
Directed by Chris Foster
Harbinger @ Albany Barn