[Capdist-announce] Taking A Stand - a staged reading from CAU

Michael Kennedy msmichaelkennedy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:38:19 EST 2024

Please join Creative Action Unlimited on Saturday, March 6 at 7pm at the
Opalka Gallery, Russell Sage College, Albany to honor Archie's anti-racism
work. This is a one-night-only event, featuring a staged reading of *Taking
A Stand*, Aaron Moore's play about Archie, performed by Aaron Moore and
Michael A. Lake.
Please note: Seating at Opalka Gallery is limited. Doors will open at 6:30
and you're encouraged to arrive early.
We deeply miss Archie's influence and inspiration. Archie was one of our
strongest supporters and one of the main people who influenced our decision
to do the stage production and film of Whitewashed: the racism project. He
licensed multiple showings of Whitewashed, as well as a screening and
discussion of The Climb. He never charged admission for the screenings and,
in fact, he personally gave a donation to CAU each time he used the film.
His primary concern was to invite people to explore the issue of racism,
and he believed in the power of what we created at CAU to do that.
Donations to Creative Action Unlimited are welcome but there is no
admission fee for this performance.

--

Michael Kennedy, Artistic Director
*(she/her)*