[Capdist-auditions] Paid Position Costume Designer

Shauna Kanter, VOICETheatre skantervt at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 18:26:45 EST 2023

COSTUME DESIGNER/SUMMER AND SMOKE

VOICE THEATRE WWW.VOICETHEATRE.ORG AT BETHANY HALL, KINGSTON, NY

SEEKING COSTUME DESIGNER FOR SUMMER AND SMOKE BY TENNESSEE WILLIAMS

CONTRACT
Stipend $1,800. Accommodation and travel provided.

PERSONNEL

ARTISTIC DIRECTOR: Shauna Kanter
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: Paul Bloom

COMPANY MANAGERS: Suzannah Kellner, Christa Trinler

DIRECTOR: Shauna Kanter

LIGHTING DESIGNER: TBA

COSTUME DESIGNER: TBA

SOUND DESIGNER: Mia Barbuto

SET DESIGNER: Carin Jean White

DATES

Rehearsals: June 12- July 7, 2023

Tech: July 7 – July 12, 2023
Performances: July 13 – July 30, 2023

AEA production Non-union Actors & AEA

Voice Theatre is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to submit.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

COSTUME DESIGNERS who wish to be considered may submit CV AND EXAMPLES OF THEIR DESIGNS to info at voicetheatre.org in subject put: Costume/Summer and Smoke

VOICE THEATRE BRIEF HISTORY:

Started in Paris in 1988 with initial funding from the French Government, Voice Theatre moved to New York City in 1989. Since then, we have produced more than 40 full-scale productions, from original plays such as "Birds on a Wire" (four stars at the Edinburgh Festival), to American classics, Off-Broadway shows, Spring Reading Series, 10-Minute Play Festivals, and many more activities in the United States, Germany, France, Britain and the Middle East. Since 2003, we have led free, in-school workshops in New York City and Upstate, NY. We also offer adult classes and summer youth workshops. In 2014 Voice Theatre renovated the historic Byrdcliffe Theater in Woodstock, NY.

Voice Theatre’s first production in Paris was “Family Cycles”, a theatre piece for 30 actors. The following year, at La MAMA in New York City, Voice Theatre produced "Pushing Through" (University of Nebraska Press), a music theatre piece performed by Palestinian and Israeli women.

Off-Broadway productions include; “Retzach” at 59E59 Theatres, “Our Country’s Good” at the CSV Cultural Center, and “The Laramie Project” at the Barrow Group Theater. Featured on NPR’s “Weekend Edition” Voice Theatre has received press from the New York Times, London Times, Daily Telegraph, and The Washington Post, among many others.

Shauna Kanter
Artistic Director, Voice Theatre (office) 845 679 0154 (cell) 917 494 6273
http://www.voicetheatre.orgFacebook.com/Voicetheatre.org
Giving voice to extraordinary theatre