[Capdist-auditions] Audition for Evita - Not So Common Players

David Rossi drossi20 at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 20:20:13 EDT 2023

Not So Common Players will be holding auditions for its June  production of Evita (In Concert).  The show will take place June 9-11 and 15-18 on the outdoor Commons stage in Clifton Park.

Evita charts the young and ambitious Eva Peron’s meteoric rise to sainthood. Set in Argentina between 1934-1952, the Tony-winning musical follows Eva Duarte on her journey from poor illegitimate child to ambitious actress to, as wife of military leader-turned-president Juan Peron, the most powerful woman in Latin America, before her death from cancer at age 33.

Closed auditions will take place on the evenings of Tuesday, April 18 and Thursday, April 20 in Clifton Park.  Please fill out this audition form <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_qB8b1B0j2sX7OD24YK4BrzANS0H1OptTguCzDN6Z1bFWyw/viewform?usp=sf_link>  and you will receive an email with your audition time and location.  There will be up to 5 people scheduled for each time slot. We will do our best to accommodate your first choice.  Please come to the audition prepared to sing a song (of your choosing) from Evita. An accompanist will be provided.  If you are unable to attend either of  the audition nights, please contact David Rossi via email, phone, or text to arrange an alternate time or arrange a recorded audition (contact information below).

The rehearsal process for this production will be short.  As this is a concert version of the show, lead characters will not necessarily have to memorize their entire part although some memorization will be helpful and necessary.

We are looking for strong singers for each of these parts:

Part						Vocal Range
Eva Peron  				(E below middle C to a top F—strong mixed belt)
Peron  					(Baritone)
Che 					(Rock Tenor)
Peron's Mistress 			(Light contemporary mix to E)
Magaldi 					(​Baritone)
Men, Women & Children 	(All Ranges)
    of Argentina

The ensemble plays a major role in this story and we will need many strong singers to bring this story to life.  There will also be some dancing and movement particularly for the ensemble.  More information about this show can be found here <https://www.concordtheatricals.com/p/44933/evita>

The staff for this production:
Director/Music Director - David Rossi
Producer - Marcia Marra
Choreography/Movement - Johnny Martinez
Sound Design - Katie Fitzmorris

If you have any questions please text or call 518-779-5061 or email DRossi20 at aol.com <mailto:DRossi20 at aol.com>
The link to the audition form can also be accessed here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_qB8b1B0j2sX7OD24YK4BrzANS0H1OptTguCzDN6Z1bFWyw/viewform?usp=sf_link <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_qB8b1B0j2sX7OD24YK4BrzANS0H1OptTguCzDN6Z1bFWyw/viewform?usp=sf_link>