[Capdist-auditions] Fwd: Albany Civic Theater call for Directors

Evan Jones epjones1234 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:50:05 EST 2023

Open call for directors!!

Albany Civic Theater is currently seeking submissions from directors for
their
2024-2025 Season.  We are looking for directors for 3 main stage shows
running
three weekends each in December 2024, February 2025 and May 2025. Our
September slot is already scheduled.

Albany Civic is seeking both dramatic and comedic plays.  The committee
wishes
to find balance in the season with cutting edge new published works and
classic
revivals, and a season that provides a combination of artistic risks and
commercial success. Please take into account the physical constraints of our
space.

All submissions should include your current resume of directing experience.
Each submission should also include a description of the play, any unique
interpretations you will bring to the production, and a list of production
team
members who have committed to your project.

Please note - we strongly recommend that you submit electronic copies of the
plays submitted but we will accept physical copies of plays.

Directors should answer the following questions with their submission:

1)      Special tech/set/costuming considerations.
2)      What can you as a director bring to this play?
3)      Why would this show appeal to an audience, and what type of
audience?
4)      Please state which of the time slots you are interested in:

Slot 1 Show Dates: December 6 – 22, 2024

Slot 2 Show Dates: February 14 - March 2, 2025

Slot 3 Show Dates: May 16 - June 1, 2025

For submissions through email (preferred), please submit via email
to ellencribbs at gmail.com

For submissions through mail, here is what you need to do:

1)  Put your submission in a clean manila envelope
2)  Mail a copy of the script of each submission for up to
three selections to:

                                                  Albany Civic Theater
                                    Attn: Ellen Cribbs – Artistic Director
                                                  235 Second Avenue
                                                  Albany, NY 12209

3) Include your name, address, email address and phone number on
your résumé.
4) Enter your submissions by Friday, December 22, 2023.
Submissions will be chosen by a committee and approved by the board of

directors. Please include any other information that you deem necessary in
your
proposal.

If you prefer, you may deliver your submissions in person to the theater.
There is
a mail slot located to the left of the entrance doors.

We look forward to receiving your submissions and beginning the selection
process!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ellen
Cribbs, Artistic Director at ellencribbs at gmail.com