[Capdist-auditions] Little Mermaid with the CDAI (FEE REQ)

Corey John Snide cjs at cdartsinitiative.com
Mon Jan 22 09:56:42 EST 2024

WHEN: Saturday, February 3rd, 2024
We will have an OPEN SIGN IN beginning at 8:30AM, we strongly encourage all auditioners to pre-register on our website:
www.capitaldistrictartsinitiative.com/the-little-mermaid <http://www.capitaldistrictartsinitiative.com/the-little-mermaid>
Students who are Pre-Registered will be seen first! Auditions will run until 12:30PM, with open sign-in ending at Noon.

Students will be asked to perform 16-32 bars. An accompanist will be provided so please bring marked sheet music. Singing from the show is not required, but we do welcome it. You will find out immediately after your preliminary audition if you are called back. You are free to leave and return in time for your callback.

Callbacks will be by invite only on the same day, Saturday 2/3, beginning at 2:30PM and actors should be prepared to stay until 6PM. NOT ALL STUDENTS WILL NEED TO STAY THE ENTIRE TIME. Just because you aren’t called back, it doesn't mean you are not being considered for a role in the show.
**Please note auditions will consist of singing and readings only, you will not be asked to dance.

If students are unable to attend the in person auditions for any reason, they may submit a video audition. Please send any inquiry’s to: info at cdartsinitiative.com <mailto:info at cdartsinitiative.com> .

LOCATION
CDAI Studios
767 Troy-Schenectady Rd, Latham NY

Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen's most beloved stories and the classic animated film, Disney's The Little Mermaid is a hauntingly beautiful love story for the ages. With music by eight-time Academy Award winner, Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Glenn Slater and a compelling book by Doug Wright, this fishy fable will capture your heart with its irresistible songs, including "Under the Sea," "Kiss the Girl" and "Part of Your World."
Ariel, King Triton's youngest daughter, wishes to pursue the human Prince Eric in the world above, bargaining with the evil sea witch, Ursula, to trade her tail for legs. But the bargain is not what it seems, and Ariel needs the help of her colorful friends, Flounder the fish, Scuttle the seagull and Sebastian the crab to restore order under the sea.

Corey John Snide
Co-Founder, Artistic Director — CDAI
www.capitaldistrictartsinitiative.com