[Capdist-announce] (no subject)

stageboynewyork at aol.com stageboynewyork at aol.com
Sat Jun 16 04:32:03 EDT 2007

Dear  friends:
The magic of  theater is comprised of many elements.  The words of the
playwright’s story come to life through the lens of a director’s  vision.  Actors
work individually to mold multi-dimensional  and realistic characters;
utilizing what the playwright and director have  given.  Still more artists lend
their talents and visions  through the creation of appropriate costumes, props,
scenic elements, sound, and  lighting effects in order to help accent the
overall vision of the  director.
Off stage, programs, tickets, and posters have been  designed and printed.  A
much appreciated crew of volunteers  manages the box office, sound and light
boards; and tends to the demands of the  show.  The lone stage manager ensures
that everyone is kept  informed as to how much time remains prior to the
start of the  “magic.”  He then monitors the playwright’s words, the  director’s
vision, and the designers’ beautiful creations to steer through the  show’s
currents and present the story to those who have come to hear and  see.  It
all seems quite romantic.
Romantic or not, theater at its best gives its audience  members pause to
think about the direction of their lives and  society.  The Twilight of the Golds
does just  that.  It originally opened in 1993: before the mapping of the
genome, before Dolly the cloned sheep, and before human organs could be grown in
 scientific laboratories. Major advances have made this story even more
relevant  and more vital. The subject matter is no longer operatic fantasy, but
prophetic  reality.
Each year, technological advances surpass those of a  moral nature
exponentially.  In fact, some would say that each  technological advance is met with a
moral regression; that society is not  mature, stoic, or wise enough to handle
the responsibility which accompanies  each advance in technology.  The
Twilight of the Golds  takes a look at an advancement whose day was just around the
corner at the time  the play premiered.
If you knew your child would not be perfect before it was  born, would you
still love it?  If you knew your child was  destined to have abnormal challenges
in its life due to autism or juvenile  cancer, would you fight for its right
to exist?  Given the  opportunity to terminate a pregnancy because you knew
the stresses and  challenges that accompany the caretaker of a child growing up
with crooked  teeth, thick glasses, or retardation, would you?  Just some
questions for thought as you prepare to attend  this production.
Well into its third year of operation, Confetti Stage has  become a place for
artists to take part in collaboration toward the creation of  something
wonderful.  That something is performing art in the  shape of live theater.  Please
sit back and open your  imaginations to the talented artists who have joined
us to bring you this  thought provoking opera.
There are still seats available for this incredible  production.  I hope you
have the opportunity to share what is one of the  best shows Confetti Stage
has put on stage in its short history.  Those who  have seen Twilight, since it
opened on Thursday, have loved  it.  It is a highly emotional and polarizing
work and I am so very proud of  this cast and crew and what this production has
become.  Again, I hope you  have the opportunity to share our offerring this
month.  Visit us online at  _www.confettistage.com_
(http://www.confettistage.com/)  or call  518-253-1253 for your tickets.  And please take a moment to
introduce  yourself to me before you leave.  I want to know your thoughts The
Twilight  of the Golds.
Thank you.
Enjoy!
Neilson R  Jones