[Capdist-announce] The reviews are in and they are stellar...What are you waiting for? Kiss of the Spider Woman Ends this Weekend!

Kiss Of The Spider Woman kiss_of_the_spider_woman_at_sloc at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 10:09:25 EDT 2007

The reviews are in and they are stellar....

"It's always a great experience when you see musical theater performed with excellence. When that success is accomplished using extremely difficult material, it's even more rewarding. When the producing company consists of a large cast of talented non-professional artists, it becomes a memorable event. This is, overall, a superior production that sets a benchmark for non-professional theater for the rest of the season. " Bob Goepfert, The Record.

"Stellar performances in a strong production of a good musical. Hahn's voice astounds throughout...and you will never see a more thoroughly realized character than Bill Harrison's Molina. Harrison clearly has the vocal chops, but it's the emotional arc of his performance, the purposeful gestures, and the shaded line readings that are so memorable. Such humor, and such pathos!  This show does not often come around. You should see it now."   Paul Lamar, The Gazette.

Why haven't you ordered your tickets yet?  Don't miss the production that is certain to end up as one of the best of the year.  Please join us September 28th- 30th and October 4th to the 7thand “Come and find me…hear my song...let me hold you here where you belong” as SLOC Musical Theater presents Kiss of the Spider Woman.  (To reserve tickets, please go to the web first at www.SLOCtheater.org, or please call 1-877-350-7378.).

Join Michael Mensching, Valerie Lord and their talented team as they help weave a story that is relevant, especially today, in other parts of the world.  The headlines from Myanmar show us that this is no fictional excursion.  Somewhere in Latin America , cellmates Molina and Valentin share nothing in common, except the overwhelming need to escape the daily degradation of prison life.  They find this refuge in the telling of a stylized version of Molina’s favorite grade B movie staring an alluring temptress, the Spiderwoman.  Over the course of their confinement, the two come to understand and respect one another. Upon Molina’s release from prison, he agrees to help Valentine’s political cause by passing information to his fellow revolutionaries. These actions result in Molina’s re-imprisonment and final reunion with The Spiderwoman.

To help the audience learn more on how they can make a difference, SLOC has invited Amnesty International to host a table at the intermission, with information for review, and will feature a video.  “I urge you to become more aware of what happens beyond our community, in the dark part of our world that is only too real to many people. This is not an issue that is about political right or left, but about what is right and what is wrong about how we treat each other.  We are only as good as we are in how we treat those less fortunate, those different, those with opposing ideas and values from us, “ says Mensching.

Don't wait, because this last weekend will sell out, order now.  To reserve tickets, please go to the web first at www.SLOCtheater.org, or please call 1-877-350-7378.).

Michael McDermott
(518) 669-5414