[Capdist-announce] Annie Needs A Little Help!

Brett Putnam bxputnam at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Fri Oct 5 17:06:25 EDT 2007

The Schenectady Light Opera Company production of "Annie" needs a little more help in various departments.

We are currently searching for the following:

1) Two male ensemble cast in their 20s or 30s - must be able to dance and sing.  Multiple roles assigned to each actor.

2) Sound Designer - Must have some experience with sound operations, will train on our equipment.  Work involves 20+ microphones, sound effects, and pre-recorded music and announcements.  We have new, computer-controlled equipment which will help to simplify cues.

3) Set Construction Help - Some construction experience preferred.  Work on an innovative set with experienced design and construction staff.

4) Lighting Crew Help - Must be comfortable working on ladders, hanging lights, and running spotlights.  Will train.

If you are interested in working on this production, please contact Matthew T. Teichner, Director, at 518-669-9965 (cell) or 518-383-5423 (home).

"Annie" is the third production of our 81st season.  Performance dates are November 30 through December 16.   Rehearsals have recently begun.

This is a terrific opportunity to help with this wonderful, upbeat show.  We have a dynamite cast and staff, and we are very excited about the way this great production is coming together.  Please consider joining our team.