[Capdist-announce] FREE Staged Reading of "Outward Bound"

Bill Hickman JWmHickman at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 23 16:28:19 EDT 2007

In celebration of its 80th Anniversary Season, Schenectady Civic Players presents the second in a series of free-to-the public staged readings . . .
"Outward Bound"
by Sutton Vane, directed by Barry Corlew

This classic, originally presented by Schenectady Civic Players in 1933, tells a strange story. An odd assortment of characters are passengers on an ocean liner whose destination is unknown.  You'll have to be there to find out the surprising developments, what it all means, and how it ends!

(Step back in time and help us celebrate 80 years of fine local theatre.  Over and above our regular 5-play season, Schenectady Civic Players is presenting staged readings of five plays chosen from the Playhouse's long history: low-tech but high quality, five Saturdays or Sundays, early enough to still go out to dinner afterward, totally free of charge.  Our gift to you, to say thanks for the past 80 years, and to toast the start of the next 80 to come.)

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2007 at 4 pm

at the Schenectady Civic Playhouse, 12 So. Church Street, Schenectady, NY

(FREE.  Refreshments served.  No reservations necessary)