[Capdist-announce] event press release

Kristina Kwacz kkwacz668 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 15:54:33 EDT 2007

"BROADWAY FAVORITES" TO BE PERFORMED IN GHENT

GHENT--Fans of musical theater can enjoy dinner and a
cabaret-style performance of classic show tunes on
Sunday, September 23rd at Meadowgreens Restaurant in
Ghent.

An ensemble of 11 singers and dancers from the Roving
Actors Repertory Ensemble (RARE), a nonprofit theater
group based in Copake, NY, will perform selections
from musicals including "Chicago", "Oliver", "Phantom
of the Opera" and "Cabaret".

RARE is the brainchild of Stephen Sanborn and
Constance Lopez, who have produced numerous full-scale
theatrical productions in the region as The Two of Us
Productions. Seeking to allow for greater involvement
of the many actors, musicians, and theatrical support
staff they've worked with over the years, RARE was
born.

RARE President Sanborn commented "over the last seven
years we've had great participation both on-stage and
backstage, as well as enthusiastic support from our
audience members. Establishing RARE opens new
opportunities for our audience and our ensemble, and
we are delighted to have reached this milestone."

Featured performers include Constance Lopez, Darrin
French, Kelly Sienkiewicz, Fran Martino, Michael
Dunnell, Brian Litscher, Jody Satriani, Megan
Sienkiewicz, Katie Leinung, Mark Leinung, and Tom
Fisher. The band includes Andrea Mastrianni, Mike
Ragaini, Jim Fitzgerald, and Steve Sanborn.

Tickets are $30 per person and include a sit-down
dinner. Hors d'oeurves and cash bar begin at 5:00 p.m.
A portion of the proceeds benefits the Roving Actors
Repertory Ensemble (RARE), a 501(c)3 theater
organization. Reservations: 518-828-0663.

# # #