[Capdist-announce] Creative Arts at Steamer 10 - Tuition Based Program

Steamer No.10 Theatre art4kids at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 14:06:16 EST 2008

Seasons Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre!
<http://161.58.126.210/default.htm>

Here's a message from our C.A.S.T. program director Rebecca Jayne Boswell:

The holidays are quickly approaching and it is time to be thankful, merry
and ready for CAST (Creative Arts at Steamer No. Ten) in 2009!

Thanks to your feedback, we are offering kids ages 6 and older the
opportunity to debut in Pinocchio at Steamer No. 10 Theatre in Albany.
Rehearsals are fun and actors hone their skills while preparing for 2 shows
open to the public.

Pinocchio is a classic tale with all the twists and thrills of a true
adventure.  Pinocchio is a wooden puppet who lives with a toy maker named
Geppetto.  Although Pinocchio leads a happy life, he wonders about the world
beyond his front door and what it would be like to be a real boy.

Join the cast's many colorful characters as Pinocchio looks to make his
dream come true.

All roles are open for casting: Pinocchio, Master Cherry, Geppetto, Blue
Fairy, Cat, Fox, Fisherman, Townsmen, Coachman, Candlewick, Drum Master,
Ring Master, The Toy Maker, Marionettes, Children of Toyland, Whale, & Fish

All actors are accepted into this tuition-based program

Audition workshop and Casting held on January 13th to determine specific
roles

No experience is required, just the willingness to make this a fantastic
show!

Please bring a photo and resume if available

Production Schedule:

10-week Program

Tuesdays/Thursdays 4-6 pm January 13th - March 26th

Attendance is required for all rehearsals, unless prior approval is received

Show Schedule:

Saturday March 28th 7 pm

Sunday March 29th 3 pm

Rehearsal & Show Location:

Steamer No. 10 Theater

500 Western Avenue

Albany, NY 12203

Tuition:

$200/actor

Tuition covers licensing, insurance, acting instruction,
props/costumes/scenery, rehearsal/performance space and CAST party

Due by January 6th, 2009

Discounts:

10% off with payment-in-full-before January 1, 2009 (A great holiday gift!)

$5 off your tuition for each registered actor you referred to the program

For more information, go to our Creative Arts at Steamer Ten web page
<http://161.58.126.210/Pages/CAST.htm>  or contact:

Rebecca Boswell

CAST Program Director

Steamer 10 Theatre