[Capdist-announce] Beguiled Again--Cabaret Volunteers Needed!

Jeff Hocking jhocking at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 22:22:43 EST 2008

Hello There Theater Lover!!!

Schenectady Light Opera Company opens the 4th show of their season (Beguiled Again: The Songs of Rodgers and Hart) on Friday January 11th.  As you may know, this show is being presented with Cabaret seating, light refreshments and wine service.  I'm writing this note in my official capacity as Cabaret Coordinator to see if I might solicit your assistance in helping me provide the cabaret experience.

We'll need Volunteers on each show date to do the following:
     * Make and deliver fruit and cheese trays for each table
     * Set up Bar Service
     * Serve beverages before the show and during intermission
     * Slice cakes and other desserts for sale at intermission
     * Sell cakes and other desserts at intermission
     * Reset the theater for the next days performance

It doesn't sound like much--but when you're preparing for a crowd of 170 people each night, we could use all the help we can get.  As the saying goes, "Many hands make light work".

Please let me know if you'll be available for any of the performances listed below (the time listed is the time we need you to arrive at the theater--or as close to it as possible).

     *  Friday January 11 at 6 pm (for an 8 pm show)
     *  Saturday January 12 at 6 pm  (for an 8 pm show)
     *  Sunday January 13 at 12pm  (for a 2 pm show)
     *  Friday January 18 at 6 pm  (for an 8 pm show)
     *  Saturday January 19 at 6 pm  (for an 8 pm show)
     *  Sunday January 20 at 2 pm  (for a 2 pm show)

You may respond via email (jhocking at nycap.rr.com), by calling me at home (383-2945--leave a message, I'm rarely there), or on my cell phone (859-7516).

I look forward to working with you!

Thanks,
Jeff Hocking
Beguiled Again Cabaret Coordinator

PS--If you've already signed up to usher and are available to come a little early to help us set us...that's great too!!  We can use your help before the house opens to get everything ready and then you can go perform your regular usher duties.  Just let me know if that's the case!