[Capdist-announce] Complete History of America, Abridged

Melissa Lacijan placijan1 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 13:46:26 EDT 2008

 Does the term “American History” summon mind-numbingly dull filmstrips with droning voices retelling our country’s founding and development with less snap than a wet, tattered American flag?  Spotlight Players will be offering something different to break up the winter doldrums.  The Complete History of America, Abridged is not your middle school history class!  Created by Reed Martin, Adam Long and Austin Tichenor, who call themselves the Reduced Shakespeare Company, this show is history Rocky and Bullwinkle-style -- fractured, with no desire to get it right and a concerted effort to offend.  Purist historians might bristle, but everybody else will roar.

This hilarious production stars Adam Coons, Michael A. McDermott and Eric Shovah playing America’s most well-known historical figures recounting American history at lightening speed.  From Columbus to Clinton, these three talented actors will put a new spin on how America, as we know it, came to be.

The Complete History of America, Abridged will be performed October 10 and 11 at 8pm, in the Columbia High School auditorium, Luther Rd. in East Greenbush.  Tickets are $12 – call 477-8330 for reservations or further information.