[Capdist-announce] PSA - Of interest to Producers and Directors of Community Theatre Productions

LWAndruski at aol.com LWAndruski at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 06:23:51 EDT 2009

Recently, the American Association of Community Theaters held their annual
Festival in Tacoma, Washington.  The Theater Association of New York State
(TANYS) is a member organization of AACT, and has sent out this informative
 bulletin that I am pleased to share with you!

Laura W. Andruski
Moderator, Capital District Audition Listserv
Member AYW

We hope you enjoyed the AACT Festival in Tacoma as much as we did. The
Festival was a great opportunity to share our different theatrical experiences
and also address the critical issues facing our industry. For those AACT
members  who couldn't make it this time around we hope to see you next year.

You're Invited

Because you're a member of AACT , Music Theatre  International is pleased
to invite you for a sneak peek of our free online  community, MTI ShowSpace (
www.mtishowspace.com ). The site is designed with YOU  in mind - helping to
make every step of producing a show easier and more  fun. At MTI ShowSpace
you can:

* Share best practices and production  tips with your professional network
* Select the best show for your  organization
* Rent or purchase costumes and set pieces
* Communicate  more effectively with your cast and crew
* Share audition and casting  notices
* Learn how to finance a production, raise money and produce a show  on a
shoestring budget
* And a whole lot more!

In Previews
The  site is currently "in previews," which means its only being made
available to a  select group of industry enthusiasts like you. Were hoping that
youll take some  time over the next couple of weeks to explore the site and
let us know what you  think before its worldwide debut at the end of the
summer.

We strongly  encourage you to participate in as many of the sites features
as possible. This  could include joining a group, sharing your expertise in
the discussion forums  and/or posting your favorite photos and videos.

Getting Started

* Visit MTI ShowSpace at www.mtishowspace.com
* Register an  account using a valid email address
* You will receive a confirmation email  asking to confirm your address
* To ensure that you receive this and other  email notifications, be sure
to set your SPAM filter to accept messages from  admin at mtishowspace.com . For
specific instructions for your email client, click  here.

Inviting Your Friends and Colleagues
Please feel free to send  the invitation to your colleagues, friends,
students (13 and over) and anyone  else you think would be interested in making
the site a vibrant and essential  cultural forum.

Feedback
We look forward to hearing any and all of  your comments! Just click on the
"feedback" link at the bottom of every page to  send us an email. Thanks
for your participation and we'll see you on MTI  ShowSpace.

**************Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular
laptops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223096155x1201715982/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D6)