[Capdist-announce] Residents of Clifton Park - Arts Advocates Needed - No audition necessary

LWAndruski at aol.com LWAndruski at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 12:21:59 EDT 2009

Just a reminder  to please come to attend the Public Hearing on Thursday,
June 25th at  7:00 PM to show support for the Arts in Clifton Park.  The
meeting will be at the Shen Senior Center located in the Clifton Commons on
Visher Ferry  Road.
URGENT ACTION  REQUIRED!
The Town of  Clifton Park is currently asking residents to take an online
survey about the  town’s recreational needs.  Unfortunately, the survey does
not include much  on Arts & Culture which is part of Parks &  Recreation.
You can find the survey  at _http://www.cliftonpark.org/townhall/_
(http://www.cliftonpark.org/townhall/)  .
To the far right,  at the top, are the announcements, including the link
for the survey.  You  will have opportunities – brief though they are – to
comment on  arts/concerts/performance spaces.  I urge you to take advantage of
any  opportunity to include how you feel about the lack of a full-time
indoor  facility for the visual and performing arts as promised in the Town
Master Plan  of 1975.
There will also  be two public hearings connected with the survey:
June 11th from 7-9pm at the Jonesville Fire  Station
June 25th from 7-9pm at the Shenedehowa Senior Center on the Commons
I would like to  urge all civic-minded Clifton Park residents who want to
see the Arts  grow and flourish in our town – this means everything from more
monetary support  for arts to the building of a Community Cultural Center
--  to attend these  meetings and speak out, not just in support of
recreational sports and leisure,  but the Arts as well.  Change can only be wrought
when the people stand up  and speak out!
Please forward  this email to anyone who you think might help in raising
awareness of the lack  of arts facilities in the Town of Clifton  Park.
Thank  you.
Laura W. Andruski, Chair
Arts & Culture Commission
fingertips.