[Capdist-announce] ACT's "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress, " continues this weekend

Charles Treadwell chas911sc at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 20:44:16 EST 2009

Albany Civic Theater is presenting its second show of the 2009-10 season:

5 Women Wearing the Same Dress by Alan Ball

Directed by Katie Weinberg

Remaining show dates are Friday- Sunday, 11/13-15, 11/20-22.

During an ostentatious wedding reception at a Knoxville , Tennessee , estate, five reluctant, identically-clad bridesmaids hide out in an upstairs bedroom, each with her own reason to avoid the proceedings below. As the afternoon wears on, these five very different women joyously discover a common bond in this wickedly funny, irreverent and touching celebration of the women's spirit. 5 Women Wearing the Same Dress was written by Alan Ball, Academy Award-winning screenwriter for American Beauty and creator of the award-winning HBO television series Six Feet Under and True Blood.

5 Women Wearing the Same Dress stars Andrew Barresi, Kathleen Bulman, Anne-Marie Gorman Doyle, Kathleen MacIntyre-Ross, Sarah Puig, and Corey White.

This show contains adult language and situations and is intended for mature audiences.

For information and reservations, call 518-462-1297, or respond to this email.

Albany Civic Theater is located at 235 Second Avenue , Albany , NY 12209 . Directions to the theater and further information can be found at our website, www.albanycivictheater.org.

Thursday preview and Friday and Saturday shows begin at 8pm.  Sunday matinees begin at 3pm.

The box office opens a half-hour prior to curtain.

Reservations are encouraged. To reserve a seat, please call our box office. We do accept walk-ins, but to guarantee we will have the seat you prefer, please call in advance.

Tickets are $15. Student tickets (with valid ID) are $10. Government workers (with a valid ID) can get 2 tickets for $15. Valid ID must be presented at the box office at the time of purchase for the discount to be taken.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the show!