[Capdist-announce] Clifton Park Arts Roundtable TONIGHT!

LWAndruski at aol.com LWAndruski at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 06:46:56 EDT 2009

The Town of Clifton Park  Community Arts and Culture Commission will host
an Arts Roundtable on  Tuesday, October 20 from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at the
Clifton Park – Halfmoon Public Library,  475 Moe Road,  Clifton Park, NY  12065.
The event will provide an opportunity for  dialogue among artists, arts
supporters and members of the Town of Clifton  Park’s Community Arts and
Culture Commission.  Topics will include building a “wish  list for the arts” in
Clifton Park.  The Commission will also give an update  on their activities
since the last Arts Roundatable held in May  2008.
“Whether it’s arts programming or events,  physical facilities, arts
promotion, kids’ activities – we want to know what the  people of Clifton  Park
want and need  regarding arts and culture in our community,” said Laura W.
Andruski, chair of  the Commission.
The October 20 Roundtable is open to all who  live, work or play in Clifton
Park, and are interested in the future of arts and  culture in the Town.  “
We’re looking  forward to speaking with visual artists, performing artists,
parents, seniors,  artists affiliated with a group, art supporters – anyone
who enjoys the Arts,”  said Andruski.  Refreshments will be  served at the
event.
Formed by a resolution of the Town Board of  Clifton Park in January 2008,
the Community Arts and Culture Commission works to  develop community
awareness of, and preserve and enhance, the performing arts,  visual arts and
cultural resources of the Town.  Commission members include Laura W.  Andruski
(chair), Anthony Bifaro, Monica Cangero, Dian Diapold, Marty Egan,  Thomas
Heckert, Paul Konye, Cynthia Nagle, and Alexandria Verrigni.  Sarah S. Burke
serves as secretary, and  Sanford Roth is liaison to the Town Board.
For more information, contact Commission Chair  Laura W. Andruski at (518)
383-8277 or _LWAndruski at aol.com_ (mailto:LWAndruski at aol.com) .