[Capdist-announce] Thespian Hotel Online Theatre Guide is Closed

Thespian Hotel Webmaster webmaster at thespianhotel.com
Sat Apr 10 12:19:17 EDT 2010

The Thespian Hotel, the on-line Live Theatre Guide for Albany, NY and
the Greater Capital District, is closed.

A message from the webmaster:

     The Thespian Hotel was started for the fun of it, and maybe to make
a small amount of money if possible.  It was intended to provide a
central location for all area theatre performance schedules and news.
But it hasn't been able to build a large enough audience to justify its
continued existence -- and so it's time to send it to that big bit
bucket in the sky.   Perhaps a site redesign and improved marketing
would increase the number of visitors, but due to other commitments, I
no longer have the time or energy to invest.

     I have had a great time promoting and publicizing the wonderful
live theatre offerings in Albany's greater Capital District.  I'd like
to thank all of you who kept me updated with performance schedules,
press releases, photos, and the occasional last minute update or
correction.

     I have constantly been amazed at the number of terrific theatre
groups and organizations, large and small, that our region supports.  So
many people, amateur and professional, on stage and behind the scenes,
offer outstanding performances in a wide variety of venues, to bring the
drama, laughter, and joy of live theatre to our area.  You should all be
proud of the outstanding and important  work you do.

     Break a leg.

Michael
--
Webmaster