[Capdist-announce] Special Fundraiser Performance of ACT's Our Town- Sunday evening May 16th

Maureen Aumand maumand at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 11:38:04 EDT 2010

WOMEN AGAINST WAR invites you to a special benefit performance of Albany Civic Theater's production of the American Classic OUR TOWN by Thornton WilderSunday evening, May 16th at 8:00 pm
"In this moment when the world is fractured by hate, fear and violence, it is critical that we tell stories that reveal our connectedness, not our isolation and our,,, responsibility to one another as a family of man." Critic Anna D. Shapiro on Wilder's Our Town.

 Ticket donation:  $12 - Afghan delicacies and silent auction 7:00 pm lobby of ACT

 Help us support the lives of the 120 families who live in the Afghan village of Mir Taqi Shah whose hopes and dreams are as precious as ours. Let's help them rebuild the infrastructure of their lives which has been destroyed by decades of war.  Proceeds from this life-affirming play will go to the Women Against War Afghan Well Project. http://www.womenagainstwar.org/women_against_war_afghanistan_pr.htm or info at womenagainstwar.org

 Albany Civic Theatre, 235 Second Avenue , Albany, NY Box Office reservations:  518-462-1297 Or Contact Ticket sales coordinator: Barbara Spring, 772-2290, barbarakspring4 at msn.com