[Capdist-announce] Last Instant Movie of the month -- MopCo Underground at Proctors -- July 16, 2010

The Mop & Bucket Co. Publicity PR at MopCo.org
Wed Jul 14 13:42:26 EDT 2010

This is the last Instant Movie for July...
The Mop & Bucket Co. (MopCo)
UNDERGROUND at Proctors
432 State St, Schenectady, NY 12305

July 16, 2010

VIDEO FEATURES OPEN UNDERGROUND SECOND ACTS
Instant Movies Are Revealed

SCHENECTADY --- Most movies take months to make.  MopCo recently decided to
streamline the process; we do it in under an hour.

At the start of the 8 p.m. MopCo Underground at Proctors Friday night show,
a suggestion for a movie title is solicited from the audience.  Immediately,
improvisors rush out the door, camera and tripod in hand. This mini film
crew has but 45 minutes to shoot a movie. They use a technique known as "in
camera editing," where the camera's pause button replaces the
post-production editing.  Kamikaze film making, someone called it; a heck of
a lot of fun, we call it.

A couple of weeks ago the audience suggestion fueling the Friday night video
phenomenon was "Schenectady, Great City of the East."  Sure enough, after
intermission at the Underground show, the MopCo video crew came back with a
travelogue featuring classic views of major Schenectady attractions. The
short film had live narration by an improviser, basing part of his history
gleaned from the official Schenectady website, which he read off his phone.

Another recent example: "Chinese Food," a moving tale of four hungry souls
searching for Lo Mein in a strictly pizza town.

The video shenanigans start the second act of MopCo Underground at Proctors;
described by one audience member as "Theatre for the rest of us!"  We don't
know what that means, but we like the sound of it.  On nights when the
Mopheads aren't dashing about making instant movies they are putting their
audience to work making instant characters--out of Play Doh-coming the end
of July.

MOPCO UNDERGROUND at Proctors
432 State St, Schenectady

Fridays at 8 p.m.
Tickets: $14 Adults / $6 sts & srs
		For reservations call Proctors Box Office: 346-6204 or
www.proctors.org/places/underground.

		* July 16: Instant Movie, with guest videographer Kate Burns
	* July 23: Play Doh Time
	* July 30: Play Doh Time

CONTACTS:
For more information about MopCo UNDERGROUND at Proctors:
*	Michael Burns, www.MopCo.org <http://www.mopco.org/> ,
michaelburns at MopCo.org (518)248-7430

*	Kat Koppett, www.MopCo.org <http://www.mopco.org/> ,
katkoppett at MopCo.org (518) 847-9882