[Capdist-announce] C.A.S.T Summer Sessions at Steamer No. 10 Theatre!

Robert Rice riceyboy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:33:48 EDT 2010

 *C.A.S.T.*
*(Creative Arts at Steamer Ten)**
Summer Showcase Series*
This summer, our hugely popular Summer Showcase series will return! This
is a series of independent, week-long programs for children ages
8-18. Our weeklong sessions will explore acting, singing, and dancing under
the supervision of our team of professional instructors. Each of our
sessions will culminate in a showcase presentation on the final day of the
program. No experience is necessary!

There are internship opportunities for high school and college students!
Please check out our website <http://steamer10theatre.org/> for more
information! Please send all of your inquiries to CAST at steamer10theatre.org.

*Session Dates
*There are six weeklong programs, and their dates are as follows:

*Session 1 – Broadway Bound I:                *July 5-9
*Session 2 – Broadway Bound II*:            *July 12-16
*Session 3 – TBA*:                                       July 19-23
*Session 4 – TBA                                        *July 25-29
*Session 5 – Hooray for **Hollywood** I:       *August 2-6
*Session 6 – Hooray for Hollywood** II*:    *August 9-13
*Part I not a prerequisite for Part II

*Broadway Bound:* In the first two sessions, student actors learn musical
and dance numbers, and famous scenes from hit Broadway Musicals.   Each week
explores different scenes, songs and choreography that have made Broadway
great!

*Hooray for Hollywood*: In final sessions, student actors explore some of
Hollywood’s most well known musicals, bringing the big screen to life on
stage. Each week explores different scenes, songs, and choreography that
bring Hollywood to your own backyard!

*TBA:* We are currently making arrangements for each of these weeks. Call us
or visit our website <http://www.steamer10theatre.org/>  for more
information!
*Program Schedule & Fees*
*Basic Program:* Each session has the same schedule throughout the week:
Monday through Friday, 9 am – 2 pm. There will be a showcase held at 2 pm on
the Friday of each session wherein the students will present the pieces that
they have worked on.

*Tuition:* The fee for each session is $150. A non-refundable $50 deposit is
due for each student at registration for each session.

*Extended Program Options:* Students participating in extended program hours
will work on additional showcase material to be presented at the end of the
week. Extended program segments are contingent on sufficient enrollment.
Rates and hours are as described below.

Early Drop Off: 8-9 am Monday-Friday-- $75
Late Pick-Up: 2-5 pm Monday-Thursday-- $100
After-Hours: 5-6 pm Monday-Thursday-- $50

*Registration/Information
*Simply mail us an enrollment form along with a check made payable to
Steamer No. 10 Theatre for the appropriate amount.
Click here for an enrollment form for our 2010 Summer Showcase
Series.<http://www.steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST%20Summer%202010%20Application.pdf>
For more information, write to
CAST at steamer10theatre.org<CAST at steamer10theatre.org?subject=2010
Summer Sessions>
.

*The Instructors*

*Director/Choreographer Suzie Dunn* has been a Dance and Drama instructor
for over 10 years. With a dual major in Elementary Education and Theater,
she taught acting and dance at the Oakland Gardens School for the Arts in
Queens, NY, directing over 40 stage productions and 7 full scale musicals.
She has trained in NYC with the Broadway Theater Institute, The People's
Improv Theater, The Judith Shakespeare Company and with Ms. Anne Pearlstine
for vocals. Now living in Albany, she is happy to be a part of The Steamer
10 Theater Company.

*Musical Director Robert Rice* has been studying music for over 15 years. He
studied piano with Mrs. Dolores Steeley and studied voice at Eastman School
of Music. He has also participated in numerous choirs, chamber groups, and
musical theater productions throughout High School and College. He spent two
years in Japan teaching and putting together small English musical
productions with his students. He most recently musically directed *
Seussical* and *The Wizard of Oz* for the C.A.S.T. program.