[Capdist-announce] Ramblin Jug Stompers Present "Tess' Lark Tavern in Exile" @ Capital Repertory Theatre

Laura Andruski education at capitalrep.org
Fri May 14 13:36:28 EDT 2010

MONDAY NIGHT: Ramblin Jug Stompers Present "Tess' Lark Tavern in Exile" @
Capital Repertory Theatre

For four and a half years now, Ramblin Jug Stompers have played at Tess'

Lark Tavern on the third Monday of each month. It was our home.

But due to the tragic fire at the tavern last week - which displaced owner
Tess Collins and her entire staff indefinitely - we, too, suddenly found
ourselves homeless.

But then suddenly and oh so graciously, Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill and the
rest of the Capital Repertory staff offered us the use of the Capital Rep
cafe as a temporary home on the third Monday of the month.

So we're gonna try it out on Monday - yes, this Monday, May 17. Short
notice? Oh yeah. And it's not going to be quite like the Lark Tavern - of
course - but we're hoping that you can make it down to a special "Lark
Tavern in Exile" night at Capital Repertory Theatre at 7pm on Monday, May
17. We'll be playing for approximately two hours, just like always.

Admission is free - as it's always been for our shows at Tess' - but there
will be a tip jar, and 100 percent of the proceeds that you donate will go
directly to Tess Collins and her staff at Tess' Lark Tavern. Neither Ramblin
Jug Stompers nor Cap Rep will take a penny.

We can't wrangle together food for Monday on such short notice - maybe next
month - but the cafe bar will be open, and remember - the more you drink,
the better Ramblin Jug Stompers sound.

Ramblin Jug Stompers have always welcomed - and in fact encouraged -
musicians to sit in with us or even to take over the stage for a couple of
tunes whenever we've played at Tess'. Monday night at Cap Rep will be no
different. Bring your guitar, your fiddle, your ukulele, your typewriter,
your kazoo, whatever and join in the musical merriment.

Yes, the fire at Tess' was a true disaster - not just for Tess and her
employees, but also for the Capital Region arts community at large. But it's
been said that laughter is the best medicine, so come on down to Capital Rep
on Monday and start healing.

Obviously, this is a very last minute, throw-together effort to do something
for Tess and her peeps. So whatever you can possibly do to help spread the
word would be greatly appreciated by all.

Thank you,

Ramblin Jug Stompers

WHAT: Ramblin Jug Stompers' "Tess' Lark Tavern in Exile"

WHY: A benefit concert for Tess Collins and her staff in the wake of the
fire that recently devastated Tess' Lark Tavern

WHERE: Capital Repertory Theatre, 111 North Pearl St., Albany

WHEN: 7pm Monday, May 17

HOW MUCH: Admission is free, but all donations to Tess and her staff are
greatly appreciated

www.capitalrep.org

www.jugstompers.com

Laura W. Andruski