[Capdist-announce] School Performances available for "The B_Bomb Show"

Kimberly Waldin liamtoha at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:44:02 EST 2010

"The B_Bomb Show"

Developed by John McGuire

Available for Onsite School Performances end of November through December
Recommended for Grades K-6

A new, unique theatrical event that takes on bullying through the power of participatory storytelling and drama.
Students will experience characters and situations that draw out their own reactions and insights into the problem of bullying.

Developed by NYSTI teacher/actor John McGuire, who explains, “This project builds on our relationships with the schools -- it’s something they’ve been talking to us about and now we have a way to address it on the students’ level in their environment. We are hoping to shine a spotlight on the issue to examine how and why bullying happens, and find a way to deal with it as human beings. Theatre has the power to engage the emotions which research shows helps learning and retention. And learning to process emotions effectively is, of course, important to education in its own right.”

Adaptable to individual school bullying policies, this program runs 45 minutes for a maximum of 150 students.
Learning standards in Social Studies, Language Arts, and Health, Physical Education and Home Economics are addressed.

To schedule a presentation of "The B_Bomb Show" for your school, please contact Beth Chromey at 274-3368
 or the NYSTI main office at 274-3200.

Kimberly Waldin
Performing Arts Consultant & Teacher Artist

Search the web with GoodSearch.com and each time you do a search, GoodSearch will donate about a penny to NYSTI!
Shop online at GoodShop.com and a percentage of each purchase will be donated to NYSTI! More than 600 top stores are participating including Amazon, Target, Staples, Best Buy and more!