[Capdist-announce] NUNSENSE is Coming to SLOC Musical Theater-December 3-12!

Thomas Bambury thomas_bambury at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 12:46:18 EST 2010

"NUNSENSE"  Is Coming!

Presented by SLOC Musical Theater
826 State Street
Schenectady, NY

December 3-5 and 9-12
(8:00pm on 12/3-4, 9-11 and 2:00pm on 12/5 & 12)

For tickets, call 1-877-350-7378 or online at www.sloctheater.org

On Friday, December 3, Nunsense returns to SLOC Musical Theater with an invocation of laughter! Mark your calendars now, and reserve tickets soon for this wonderful, hilarious show!

Get in early, while good tickets can still be reserved! Don't get into a "habit" of waiting 'til the last minute to purchase your tickets!!

Originally written by Dan Goggin in 1982, Nunsense has been a worldwide hit, with thousands of productions and several sequels. The musical always leaves its audiences laughing and happy, and we promise to give you a wonderful evening of great songs, delightful dance, and tons of jokes. Classic musical highlights include, "Nunsense Is Habit-Forming", "The Biggest Ain't The Best", "Playing Second Fiddle", "I Just Want To Be A Star", and "I Could've Gone To Nashville".

SLOC Musical Theater originally produced Nunsense in 1995, and many of the same characters are back for more fun this time around. Regional veteran director and choreographer, Orlando Pigliavento, has chosen a stellar cast of ladies who will entertain you. Led by Paula Ginder (Sister Mary Regina - Mother Superior), the cast also includes Jane Figueroa (Sister Mary Hubert), Elisa Verb (Sister Robert Anne), Erin Waterhouse (Sister Leo), and Judi Merriam (Sister Mary Amnesia).

Supporting this exciting cast behind the scenes is a talented production team, including: Brett Putnam (Producer), Vince Bonafede (Musical Director), Robert Farquharson (Set Designer), Greg Rucinski (Lighting Designer), Winn Huntley (Sound Designer), Joe Fava (Costume Designer), Michael Gatzendorfer (Stage Manager), Amanda Jo Marshall (Props Master), Marcia Lenehan (makeup Designer) and Thomas Dalton Bambury (Publicity Coordinator)!

Nunsense - a perfect way to kick up your heels and kick off the holidays! We hope to see you at our Opera House!

Photo by Tim Raab, Northern Photo
-from left to right:
Jane Figueroa (Sister Mary Hubert), Judi Merriam (Sister Mary Amnesia), Elisa Verb (Sister Robert Anne), Paula Ginder (Sister Mary Regina), Erin Waterhouse (Sister Leo)