[Capdist-announce] Free Staged Reading at Schenectady Civic Sunday 2/13

Bill Hickman JWmHickman at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 18:49:13 EST 2011

 Be our guest Sunday, Feb. 13
 In celebration of our 83rd Season. . .

Schenectady Civic Players invites you to a

FREE staged reading of. . .

      Arlene Hutton's "blissfully sweet romantic play"

                                                   Directed by Sky Vogel

A funny, touching portrait of two people searching for happiness, this simply staged romance played to critical acclaim at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and Off-Broadway.  ".a gently charming little play, reminiscent of Thornton Wilder in its look at rustic Americans who are to be treasured for their simplicity and directness." -(Associated Press).  ".a blissfully sweet romantic play quite unlike the typical fare offered in theatres these days." - (NYTheatre.com) .

-- Sunday, February 13, at 2:30 p.m. --

(One Performance Only)

at The Schenectady Civic Playhouse

12 South Church St., Schenectady, (518-382-2081)

FREE    No reservations necessary.  Refreshments served

We're your community theater.  At the after-show reception ask how you might get more involved in our on-stage and/or back-stage fun.