[Capdist-announce] Bakerloo Theatre Project Presents: Twelfth Night and the Love of the Nightingale

Peter Martin peteranthonymartin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:44:11 EDT 2011

Bakerloo Theatre Project kicks off its 12th season with TWELFTH NIGHT or
WHAT YOU WILL by William Shakespeare. Directed by William Addis.

Shakespeare at his most magnificent. Walking the tight rope between comedy
and tragedy, *Twelfth Night *explores the agony of loss, the giddiness of
reunion, the ache of loneliness, and the soaring thrill of love. A joyful
celebration of the human experience.

JULY *15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 28, 30* AT *8*PM
JULY *23 *AT *2*PM

The season continues with Timberlake Wertenbaker's THE LOVE OF THE
NIGHTINGALE directed by Lily Junker.

In *The Love of the Nightingale*, we learn the cost of electing to stay
silent, as well as the inevitable backlash of silencing others. In this
imaginative retelling of the Greek story of Philomela,  we see that "without
language, brutality will triumph."

JULY *22, 23, 24, 27, 29* AT *8*PM
JULY *30 *AT *2*PM

Both plays will be performed at
291 River Street
Troy, NY

PLEASE VISIT BAKERLOO.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION!

Thank you!
--
*Peter Martin
*