[Capdist-announce] Nuns on Ice!

Spotlight Players spotlightplayers at spotlightplayerstheater.com
Wed Jul 20 01:20:11 EDT 2011

Cool off in our air-conditioned theater with our Nuns on Ice!  Please help us raise the funds to bury our Blue Nuns as Spotlight Players Community Theater Presents:

Nunsense, A-Men!

Columbia Performance Center
962 Luther Road
East Greenbush, NY 12061

July 20 to July 23

 All performances at 8:00, with a matinee on Saturday at 2:00.
(Special pre-show 30 minutes prior to the performance)
Tickets are $15.
Call 477-2256 for reservations.

Special Wine and Appetizer Performance Sunday, July 24 at 6 pm at:
 The Cathedral of All Saints, Swan Street in Albany!

Directed by Michael Mensching, with musical direction by Joanne Mensching.

Featuring J.J. Buechner as Mother Superior;
Matthew Perret as Sister Hubert;
Bill Douglas as Sister Robert Anne;
Ryan Glynn as Sister Amnesia; and
Taylor Warren as Sister Leo

The Little Sisters of Hoboken, those cowled cutups and wimpled wiseacres who exemplified the spirit of mischief on various Capital Region stages for nearly a decade in ''Nunsense,'' have returned. But only after a sex change.

Really.

The five sisters who will delight you in Nunsense A-Men at the Columbia Performing Arts Center in East Greenbush July 20-23 are all men! This version goes by the title ''Nunsense A-Men!'' But it is still very much the anything-for-a-laugh grab bag of jokes and songs surrounded by gags, which run from the inane (''How do you get down off a duck?'' ''How did you get up there in the first place?'') to the profane (double-entendres about names like John).
 It seems that the order's chef, Sister Julia, Child of God, managed to send 52 of its sisters heavenward, chilled out by means of a batch of vichyssoise tainted with botulism. Forty-eight were buried before Sister Mary Regina blew the order's remaining money on a HD TV, so four are still literally on ice in the freezer while the question of paying for their burial remains unresolved.  So the Nuns decide to put on a show to raise funds for the burial.

Come join us for this lively and entertaining evening of song, dance, gags and drag!