[Capdist-announce] You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown opens March 12

Steamer No.10 Theatre info at steamer10theatre.org
Tue Mar 1 15:02:33 EST 2011

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Based on the Comic Strip "Peanuts"

By Charles M. Schulz

Book, Music and Lyrics by Clark M. Gesner

Dates:             Mach 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 at 3:pm

                        March 13, 20, 27 at 11:am

Tickets:          $12 General Admission - advance purchase discounts

Location:        Steamer No.10 Theatre - 500 Western Ave. Albany 12203

Info:                (518) 438-5503          info at steamer10theatre.org
www.steamer10theatre.org <http://www.steamer10theatre.org/>

As part of our 20th anniversary celebration to explore new theatrical
experiences with our audience the Steamer No.10 Company will open the
musical You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown for a three week run starting on
March 12. The show is appropriate for all ages with plenty of action and
song for the youngest member of the audience and for the rest of us the
experience of great memories of a favorite comic strip brought to life.

Based on the Charles Schulz comic strip Peanuts, the show is a celebration
of the comic we have all grown to love, and of life itself.  Through the
course of the show we experience each of the characters as they approach
life and each other. While some might conclude that Charlie Brown's failure
to fly a kite, or win a baseball game, or make contact with the "Little Red
Haired Girl" makes him a failure, in truth his life could be any of our
lives.

By the end of the show Charlie Brown concludes that today hasn't been so
bad, after all, and he's done a lot of things that make him happy. As
Charlie Brown expresses what makes him happy, everyone, touched by his love
of life, begin to express what makes them happy as well ("Happiness"). Right
then, Charlie Brown realizes that being a "good man" means trying your best
and making the most of the things you've been given in life.

The show is directed by Ric Chesser, with Musical Direction and
Accompaniment by Alan Thomson, and features Timothy J. Conway as Charlie
Brown, Elisa Verb as Lucy, Suzie Dunn as Linus and Snoopy, Heidi Nathanielsz
as Sally, and Andrew James Poole as Schroeder.

-        30 -