[Capdist-announce] post for April production

Ruth Liberman libermar at sunyacc.edu
Tue Mar 8 10:16:15 EST 2011

Please post the following for the upcoming production at SUNY Adirondack.  I
would appreciate this being listed in March as the date is at the start of
April, but again in the April information if possible.

Thank you,
Ruth Liberman
Director, Theatre Program
518 832 7620
libermar at sunyacc.edu

The SUNY Adirondack Theatre Program is pleased to announce its spring mainstage
production…………
FROM UP HERE  By Liz Flahive
Directed by Ruth Liberman
APRIL 7-10, 2011, SUNY Adirondack Theatre, Bay Road, Queensbury  NY
Information: 743-2200, ext. 2475
General Admissions: $10.00
Seniors and Non-ACC Students: $6.00
ACC Students, Faculty, Staff FREE with ID

This play contains mature subject material and language
ABOUT THE PLAY:
Kenny is a high school student who has brought an unloaded gun to school.  He
did not hurt anyone with the gun but a wave of fear lingers at his school and
the potential danger reverberates within his family.  The situation can never go
away, and although he must apologize to his entire community, this play deals
with the repercussions on family and lives changed forever under the strain of
the crisis.
 FROM UP HERE carries important ideas which open dialogue about this socially
and emotionally charged subject, and its effects on family, friends, and the
community. We are reminded of the power of theatre to shape and influence our
thinking and our behavior.  There will be a talk-back after each performance
with cast and director.