[Capdist-announce] Free Events at Steamer No. 10 Theatre

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Thu Oct 13 23:19:09 EDT 2011

Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre! <http://207.56.204.165/>

'Tis the Season!

     No, not that season. our 2011-2012
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/20112012%20Season.htm>  season! We are
looking forward to another successful season and we wholeheartedly invite
you to be a part of it. You can do so in many ways: attending performances,
volunteering, auditioning for CAST, reviewing us on Facebook or telling your
friends how much you enjoy our programming. We thrive because you do these
things. Your financial support is also crucial, whether you are making a
donation, becoming a member, or buying a Steamer 10 Pass. We hope you will
consider providing this support in anticipation of all the great things that
will be taking place at Steamer No. 10 over the coming months.

     We've updated our web site and you can check out all the great events
that are coming up by clicking here
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/20112012%20Season.htm> . This weekend
Theater Voices <http://www.theatervoices.org/>  and the Upper
<http://www.facebook.com/Steamer10Theatre#!/pages/Upper-Madison/269731379708
155>  Madison Street Fair are getting us started with a whole lot of free
entertainment at Steamer No. 10. They are a part of MOHU Fest
<http://mohufest.com/> , a 9-day celebration of the arts throughout the
Capital District, and we are very excited to be a part of that celebration.

Theater Voices <http://theatervoices.org/index.html>  presents Defiance.

Yvonne Perry directs this fully staged reading.

     John Patrick Shanley, Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning playwright
of Doubt, has written a stunning new play intertwining ethical dilemmas
about race, sexual fidelity and the price of doing the right thing. Set in a
North Carolina Marine base in 1971, a young black captain is promoted in
order to ease the camp's growing racial tensions. Soon, he and his superior
officer are caught in a riveting web of moral issues, and must confront
self-interest, disillusionment and the responsibilities of rank.

     Performances will be at Steamer No. 10 Theatre on Friday, October 14 at
8:00 pm; Saturday, October 15 at 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm; and Sunday, October 16
at 3:00 pm as part of our Eclectic
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/EclecticPerformanceSeries.htm>
Performance Series. Admission to all Theater Voices events is free;
reservations are not accepted.

Don <http://www.facebook.com/Steamer10Theatre> 't forget to like us on
Facebook!

Upper <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Upper-Madison/269731379708155>  Madison
Street Festival:

     Madison Avenue, between Allen & W. Lawrence in Albany, will be blocked
off for an afternoon of music, art, food, and family fun. The event takes
place 1-4 pm and there is no admission charge.

      In addition to antique cars, a bike rodeo, bicycle polo, and various
craft vendors the restaurants on Madison will be open for business. Music
will be provided by The Landfill Mountain Boys, Annie and the Hedonists, the
a cappella group Golden Notes (from College of Saint Rose), and The Emmaus
Choir. The street will be the dance floor for Capital Region Swing Dancers.
Chairs are not available--the public is encouraged to bring their own.

See you soon,

Steamer No. 10 Theatre

http://www.steamer10theatre.org <http://207.56.204.165/default.htm>