[Capdist-announce] Good-bye to GailSez.org

Gail Burns gburns35 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:17:56 EST 2012

Dear Friends of GailSez.org -

Its official, friends. As of today, 2/19/2012, I will no longer be
reviewing theatre or maintaining GailSez.org. The reasons for my decision
is purely financial. Times are tough for all of us and this is a
life-change I must make for the fiscal health of my family.

Thanks to all who have supported me and to the thousands of remarkable
artists whose work I have had the privilege of seeing and writing about
over the past 15 years. I have loved every minute of it!

I will let the information currently up on the site lapse quietly, while
behind the scenes I create an archive of my reviews, which will stay up in
perpetuity. I know they are of value and interest to some of you, and I
want them to stand as an historical record of theatrical activity in this
area from 1997-2011. Your names and the art you created should not be
forgotten.

In addition, I will soon be looking for a home or homes for my large
collection of original cast recordings (78s, 33s, CDs and a few cassettes)
and theatre books. If a theatre company or academic institution is
interested in talking to me about acquiring all or part of the collection
en masse, I would be delighted to talk to you about a donation. If there is
a book or recording you need to fill out your own collection, try me, I may
well have it. Prices for individual sales will be very modest for all but
the very rarest items.

My best wishes to you all for successful seasons in 2012 and beyond.

Gail

--
Gail M. Burns
57 Linden Street