[Capdist-announce] Hansel & Gretel at Steamer No. 10 Theatre!

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Wed Jan 18 13:26:11 EST 2012

Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 <http://207.56.204.165/>  Theatre!

 <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/HanselandGretel.htm>
Hansel & Gretel Is Up and Flying!

Saturdays & Sundays at 3 pm, January 14-29

Steamer No.10's C.A.S.T. <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST.htm>
program (Creative Arts at Steamer Ten) has been working with students with a
range of talents for several years.  This year we made the decision to
include some of those students in our Kids
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFare.htm> ' Fare Productions in an
effort to make those shows even more accessible to children.  Hansel and
Gretel is our first effort to put several of those students in leading roles
in a Kids Fare Production.

 <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/HanselandGretel.htm>
Hansel and Gretel was collected by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm and published in
their book Children's and Household Tales in 1812. When the titular brother
and sister are abandoned in the forest by their overburdened parents they
must rely on their own ingenuity to find their way home. When abandoned a
second time, their breadcrumbs are devoured by birds and they are lost. Soon
they are at the mercy of the witch who wants to fatten them up and eat them.
Once again, they must think of a way to escape their predicament.
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/HanselandGretel.htm> Hansel
and Gretel is a tale of children empowering themselves and using their wits
to survive.

Featuring Alain Ackerman as Father and Suzie Dunn as Mother & Witch. Also
featuring  <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST.htm> C.A.S.T.
students Miles Keefe as Hans, Hailee Fortuin as Gretel, Anna Stoneman as
Momma Bird,  and Julia Conroy (Gretel understudy), Brianna Dollar, Caroline
Dollar, Hassani Hamilton as Birds.

  <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/HanselandGretel.htm> For
more information, click here, or
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/PhotoGallery.htm#Hansel_&_Gretel> to see