[Capdist-announce] RELEASE: WAM Theatre announces new Board President

Kristen van Ginhoven kristen at wamtheatre.com
Mon Jul 9 10:11:08 EDT 2012

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

Contact: Kristen van Ginhoven

www.wamtheatre.com

518 243 9627

kristen at wamtheatre.com

Photo at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wamtheatre/7532855314/in/photostream

*WAM Theatre welcomes Ashley Berridge as new Board President*

PITTSFIELD, MA (09-07-12)- WAM Theatre is delighted to announce Ashley
Berridge as WAM’s new Board President.  She takes over from Nick Webb, who
served as WAM’s President of the Board since it’s founding in 2009.

Berridge states “I am thrilled to come on board as president for WAM
Theatre at a time when the organization is poised for real growth.  It is a
particular source of pride for me to be a part of an organization that has
remained fiscally responsible its first 3 years in existence, a true feat
in the non-profit arts arena.  I look forward to helping Kristen to grow
the board and take WAM to the next level as an established and
well-respected professional theatre organization in the Berkshires. “

Kristen van Ginhoven, Artistic Director of WAM Theatre says, ‘We are
excited to have Ashley as our new President. Her passion for the theatre
and creating opportunity for women and girls, her non-profit and
fundraising experience and her event expertise make her a perfect fit for
WAM. We are grateful to Nick Webb for his service as our inaugural
President. His work ensured we launched successfully, built an engaged
board of directors and developed a loyal community of supporters. We look
forward to working with Ashley and the rest of the growing board to
increase WAM’s impact and ability to create theatre for everyone that
benefits women and girls.”

Ms. Berridge is an event manager who specializes in non-profit and
fundraising events.  She currently serves as Director of Special Events and
Conference Planning at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA).  In
addition to her role in events, she manages the college’s capital campaign
and alumni magazine.   Prior to MCLA, Ashley worked in development and
events at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival as the Manager of Individual
Support.  Her background in the arts extends to work as an arts manager for
Parsons Dance Company, Nashville Opera, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre,
Merce Cunningham Dance Company, Nashville Symphony, and Nashville Chamber
Orchestra.  In 2000, she co-founded the New York City-based theatre company
Little Artistic Value, serving as their founding managing director.  A
graduate of Oklahoma City University with a degree in dance management,
Ashley enjoyed a career as a professional dancer prior to her foray into
arts administration and event management.   She stays connected to the arts
through her husband Brad, who is a freelance sound artist.  Their five-year
old daughter Emma is a theatre artist-in-training.

Berridge concludes, “What drew me to WAM in the first place is its double
philanthropic mission.  It is a place where I can feel connected to an art
form I enjoy while supporting a cause I feel passionate about – women’s
rights.  WAM’s mission is unique and truly selfless, which I love.  And,
the board is fully committed to honoring that mission, which is fantastic!
I am delighted to take on this new leadership role and build upon the solid
foundation that has already been laid for WAM.”

WAM Theatre’s Board of Directors: Ashley Berridge, Jim Benson, Brenny
Rabine, Leigh Strimbeck , Tammy Valicenti, Kristen van Ginhoven and Nick
Webb.

WAM's upcoming events include 'like/unlike':WAM @ WordxWord from August
13-17, created and directed by Leigh Strimbeck, and the World Premiere of
'The Old Mezzo' by Susan Dworkin from October 12-28. More info:
WAMTheatre.com

*About WAM Theatre:*

WAM Theatre is a theatre company based in the Berkshires of Massachusetts
and the Capital Region of New York State. Inspired by the book ‘Half the
Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide’ by Nicholas
Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, WAM Theatre was founded in 2009 by professional
theatre artists Kristen van Ginhoven and Leigh Strimbeck. WAM’s
philanthropic mission is two-fold; first, producing theatrical events for
everyone, with a focus on women theatre artists and/or stories of women and
girls; second, to donate a portion of the proceeds from those events to
organizations that benefit women and girls. WAM has donated nearly $5000 to
its beneficiaries by creating professional theatre for everyone that
benefits women and girls.  www.wamtheatre.com

###**

Kristen van Ginhoven
Artistic Director, WAM Theatre