[Capdist-announce] Confetti Stage Announces Its Eighth Season!

stageboynewyork at aol.com stageboynewyork at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 15:12:52 EDT 2012

Confetti Stage, Inc.
2012 - 2013 Season
(stay tuned for audition & more information!)

George Orwells’s
Animal Farm, A Fable in Two Acts
Adapted by Nelson Bond
Directed by Neilson R. Jones

A fable with a sting. Much has been written about the threat of Communism, but the late George
Orwell exposed the Russian experiment for what it really is; an idealist’s dream, converted by
realists into a nightmare.  Opening on a note of joyous triumph for the creatures who have
emancipated themselves from the cruel mastery of a human owner.  This dramatic reading
adaptation of the novel mounts inexorably to a climax of disillusionment in which the other
animals discover themselves now subject to the rule of even more ruthless autocrats: the
greedy, cunning pigs.

4 performances: general admission-$10
Thursday, September 13, 7:30pm
Friday, September 14, 7:30pm
Saturday, September 15, 7:30pm
Sunday, September 16, 2:00pm
CONFETTI FEST 8
The Capital Region’s Short Play & Film festival returns for it’s 8th volume
Plays to be announced August 6
Films to be announced September 17

6 performances: general admision-$15
Thursday, October 25, 7:30pm
Friday, October 26, 7:30pm
Saturday, October 27, 7:30pm
Thursday, November 1, 7:30pm
Friday, November 2, 7:30pm
Saturday, November 3, 7:30pm
Walter Cronkite is Dead.
a comedy by Joe Calarco
directed by Neilson R. Jones

Forced together for a long night in a public place, two strangers, Margaret and Patty share a bottle of wine and begin to talk…and to listen. Yes, Walter Cronkite is dead, but we still have Google.  This insightful comedy looks at where we are today and from where we came.  What have we gained?  What have we lost?  What might be possible if people from opposite sides of the aisle would stop shouting long enough to listen..?  Each of us has something to learn from Walter Cronkite!

5 performances: general admission-$15
Friday, January 11, 7:30pm
Saturday, January 12, 7:30pm
Thursday, January 17, 7:30pm
Friday, January 18, 7:30pm
Saturday, January 19, 7:30pm
The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice
written by William Shakespeare
directed by Linda Shirey

Othello, a celebrated general and also an outsider, shares a boundless love with Desdemona, a Venetian aristocrat. Defying her family and social convention, they elope. Iago, a military ensign who nurses a vengeful hate for his commander, plants seeds of envy that lead to catastrophe for the newlyweds. Filled with deception, suspicion, revenge, passion, lust, and murder, this is one of Shakespeare’s best tragedies!

8 performances: general admission-$15
Thursday, March 14, 7:30pm
Friday, March 15, 7:30pm
Saturday, March 16, 7:30pm
Sunday, March 17, 2:00pm
Thursday, March 21, 7:30pm
Friday, March 22, 7:30pm
Saturday, March 23, 7:30pm
Sunday, March 24, 2:00pm
Mr. Charles, Currently of Palm Beach
a comedy by Paul Rudnick

The flamboyant Mr. Charles has been described by Paul Rudnick as “an aging homosexual who was hounded out of NYC by younger gay men who find his theatrical style a threatening throwback to an earlier, tougher time.” Mr. Charles spends his exile in the company of the hunky Shane, with whom he produces a cable television show, Too Gay.

4 performances: general admission $10
Thursday, May 9, 7:30pm
Friday, May 10, 7:30pm
Saturday, May 11, 2:00pm & 7:30pm
CONFETTI STAGE FLEXTIX for 2012 / 2013        $30
Flextix are good for 5 Confetti Stage tickets.  That’s 5 tickets to award-winning theater for $6 each. There are a limited number of Flextix available at this $30 price. Get yours today & reserve your seats for the entire Season at Confetti Stage!
Purchase online at Instantseats.com
http://www.instantseats.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.results&search=Confetti+Stage&x=0&y=0

CONFETTI STAGE, INC.