[Capdist-announce] Alice in Wonderland, Best Children's Arts Programming

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Fri Mar 9 16:07:32 EST 2012

Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 <http://207.56.204.165/>  Theatre!

Opening Weekend for Alice
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/AliceWonderland.htm>  in
Wonderland

March 10 & 11, Saturday & Sunday, at 3 pm

     Lewis Carroll's story of a girl named Alice who chases a rabbit down
its hole and into a fantasy world - Wonderland - populated by peculiar,
human-like creatures. The tale plays with logic which has given it lasting
popularity with adults as well as children.

     Steamer No.10's C.A.S.T.
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/CAST/CAST.htm>  program (Creative Arts at
Steamer Ten) has been working with students with a range of talents for
several years.  This year we are including some of these talented young
people in our Kids <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFare.htm> ' Fare
Productions in an effort to make those shows even more accessible to
children.  Alice in Wonderland features Scott Brown, Amy Burdick, Caroline
Doolan, Beckey Carlson-Lee, Mackenzie Denofio, Henrick Kessel, Julia Klein,
Sarah Maloney, Regina McGuire, Isabella Phayre-Gonzalez, Grace Powers, Henry
Powers, and Annika Rosenswig alongside Steamer No. 10 Acting Company members
Alain Ackerman and Suzie Dunn.

    Alice in Wonderland runs for three weekends: Saturdays and Sundays at 3
pm, March 10-25 with a special evening performance on Friday, March 16, at 7
pm.  <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/KidsFarePages/AliceWonderland.htm>
Click here for more information!

EPS <http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/EclecticPerformanceSeries.htm>
Spring Concert - Sean
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/EclecticPerformanceSeries.htm>  Rowe

March 17th at 8 pm

Troy native Sean Rowe started by playing open mics and opening slots around
the Capital Region. He signed to Anti- Records in 2010, and has spent the
last year touring the world, dazzling international fans. In the process he
has elicited comparisons to Van Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Greg Brown. In
February, he traveled to Los Angeles to mix his latest album. His St.
Patrick's Day date at Steamer No. 10, part of our Eclectic
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/EclecticPerformanceSeries.htm>
Performance Series, will mark the hometown debut of the new album's songs.
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/EclecticPerformanceSeries.htm#Hamell>
Click here for more information about Sean Rowe or the EPS.

Tickets for Alice in Wonderland and Sean Rowe are $15 at the door, $13
advance purchase; service charges apply. Call 438-5503 to reach our box
office.

Metroland <http://metroland.net/2012/03/08/readers-poll-best-media-arts/>
Readers' Poll 2012

 Best Children's Arts Programming!

We would like to send a big "Thank you!" to everyone who voted for us,
watched shows with us, performed shows for us, or supported us in any way.
During an 8 day span surrounding our
<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/VacationDazePages/February%20Vacation%20D
aze.htm>  February Vacation Daze we hosted nearly 2,000 audience members at
19 shows, so we also say "thank you" to Stuart Neufeld, our regular
concessionaire, as well as Gary Shoemaker, and Bella and Grace. The four of
them dished out a lot of popcorn!

<http://steamer10theatre.org/Pages/VacationDazePages/February%20Vacation%20D
aze.htm>  February Vacation Daze is a great reminder of why we do what we
do: we see performers in love with their craft enkindling looks of joy and
fascination on the faces of kids, parents, and grandparents alike during and
after the performances. It is very gratifying to be a part of that. Thank
you all so much!

See you soon,

Steamer No. 10 Theatre

http://www.steamer10theatre.org <http://207.56.204.165/default.htm>

If you do not wish to receive updates from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre send
an e-mail with your name and the e-mail address at which you received this
message to mailto:webmaster at steamer10theatre.org?subject=Removal.