[Capdist-announce] Black Tie, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, bare: A Pop Opera

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Tue May 15 19:16:16 EDT 2012

Greetings from the Steamer No. 10 Theatre!

Theater Voices presents Black Tie

Fri., May 18 at 8 pm; Sat., May 19 at 3 pm & 8 pm; Sun., May 20 at 3 pm

A fully staged reading of Black Tie, written by A. R. Gurney, directed by
Judy Spevack.
Set in an Adirondacks hotel on the eve of a wedding, this engaging comedy
explores the subset of humanity that Mr. Gurney has been writing about with
warmth and humor throughout his career. Black Tie is insightful and touching
in its depiction of a man welcoming back that ghost many of us have to
banish consciously from our minds as we grow older: the voice of a parent
that has become an internal barometer of the propriety of our behavior,
whether we like it or not.

Admission is Free; reservations are not accepted.

C.A.S.T. presents The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

June 1-2 at 7 pm, June 2-3 at 2 pm

This is a hilarious tale of overachievers' angst chronicling the experience
of six adolescent outsiders vying for the spelling championship of a
lifetime. The show's Tony Award winning creative team has created the
unlikeliest of hit musicals about the unlikeliest of heroes: a quirky yet
charming cast of outsiders for whom a spelling bee is the one place where
they can stand out and fit in at the same time. This production involves
mature content.

Tickets are $15 at the door, $13 advance purchase (service charge may
apply). Call 438-5503 for details.

Regional Premiere of bare: A Pop Opera

July 20-29 at 2 pm

A group of high school seniors at a Catholic boarding school faces issues of
sexuality and personal identity. As they struggle to come to terms with who
they are, and who the world thinks they should be, they seek answers from
their Church, their friends, and ultimately, from within themselves. Its
rich, vibrant score draws on many styles of contemporary music. This
Regional Premiere is part of our Eclectic Performance Series. The production
involves mature content and language.

Tickets are $25 ($20 students/seniors) at the door, $23 ($18
students/seniors) advance purchase (service charge may apply). Call 438-5503
for details.

See you soon,

Steamer No. 10 Theatre

www.steamer10theatre.org

To be removed from the Steamer No. 10 mailing list please reply to this
message with "Remove" in the subject line.