[Capdist-announce] One Night Only! "The Odd Couple - Female Version"! Saturday, November 10th

Gordon Hazzard gordonhazzard11 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:53:40 EST 2012

Junior Broadway Productions  Presents:
 Directed by Brian Clemente
 at 7:00pmat the Broadalbin-Perth High School100 Bridge Street, Broadalbin NY, 12025
Tickets are $5 and are only sold at the door.
 Neil Simon's famous update of his contemporary classic starts with a group of women friends playing their regular game of Trivial Pursuit. This week, the coterie is meeting at the apartment of Olive Madison, a divorcee who freely admits to being a slob: "I leave a mess when I read a book." Late to arrive is Florence Unger, a stickler for detail who would try the patience of a saint, and who has unfortunately just become separated from her husband. As life would have it, the slob and the fuss-budget decide to room together -- with hilarious results!

Within days, Florence's obsessive habits start taking their toll on Olive and their friends. The only remedy Olive can think of (a pair of brothers from Barcelona) - disastrously backfires, and the two women are forced to agree on one thing -- even the best of friends sometimes make the worst of roommates.

 Gordon O. Hazzard