[Capdist-announce] Disney's My Son Pinocchio

Joe Shaver joeshaver at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 16:36:16 EST 2013

Middle School Presents "Disney's My Son Pinocchio"

Launching Pad Productions, the Ballston Spa Middle School drama club, will be presenting Disney's My Son Pinocchio in their annual winter production involving over 120 students. My Son Pinocchio gives Geppetto a chance to tell the story from his point of view, a new twist on the original Disney film that you may be familiar with. The show includes "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "I've Got No Strings" with new songs written by Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Godspell, Pippin) to help Geppetto tell his story; it was originally a made for TV movie starring Drew Carey and Julia Louis Dreyfus.

The show features Sam Hardeen as Geppetto, Scott Brown as Pinocchio, Meghan McVaigh as the Blue Fairy, and Olivia DeRagon as Stromboli and includes 60 cast members and over 60 more students involved behind the scenes as crew members.

The show will run for six performances: February 1, 2, 8 and 9 at 7:00 p.m. and matinees on Saturdays, February 2 and 9 at 1:00 p.m. Tickets are general admission and may be purchased before each performance for $7.00 each. The show will be performed in the Ballston Spa High School's auditorium, 220 Ballston Avenue, Ballston Spa.

The show is perfect for families with children of all ages. In the spirit of the show, children in attendance are encouraged to dress up as their favorite Disney character. The production is produced by Joseph Shaver and directed by teachers Matthew Lopez and Mr. Shaver under the musical direction of Elizabeth Sears and choreographed by Abby Todd. Please call the Ballston Spa Middle School for additional information at 884-7200.