[Capdist-announce] Upcoming Play at Saratoga Arts Center

tonir55 at aol.com tonir55 at aol.com
Fri Jul 12 10:57:46 EDT 2013

Some information on our upcoming play in July.  Thank you.

                                         The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga

Proudly Presents
THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS
A Country Musical

>From the company that brought you last summer’s sold out run of CHICAGO…The Local Actors Guild of Saratoga proudly presents THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS! The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is based on the true story of a legendary Texas Brothel known as the Chicken Ranch, which operated from the 1840s to 1973. Protected by a friendly Sheriff and frequented by politicians, football teams and others, the Chicken Ranch thrived in the small town of Gilbert, Texas. Girls come from all over to work at the ranch and make a little extra cash. However, a crusading do-gooder Houston radio commentator and his conservative audience expose the Chicken Ranch forcing it to shut its doors forever. Come join us for this fast paced country frolic including the songs “Hard Candy Christmas,” “Little Bitty Pissant Country Place” and the title song “Texas has a Whorehouse in it.”

Show dates July 13 & 20 - 2 pm & 8 pm 14 & 21 – 2pm.
All performances at The Saratoga Arts Center
320 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Tickets - $20 – General Admission
For reservations call 518-393-3496