[Capdist-announce] Steamer Ten Newsletter

Steamer No. 10 Theatre webmaster at steamer10theatre.org
Wed Jun 5 17:14:38 EDT 2013

Volume One, Number One: June 5th, 2014

View this email in your browser (http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4a4fa68e0d77eb472c94ca04d&id=d9d98b2cc1&e=32056bd39a)

**

The Mermaid (Julia Jaster) and Burgomaster (Alexis Kittel) get into a heated argument over whether fish are food, or relatives. Katrijn (Nicaya-Isabella Rio), looks on.

** The Mermaid of Edam – our Spring CAST performance will open on Friday, June 7 for a three day run with shows on Friday and Saturday at 7:pm, Sunday at 2:pm. It’s a fun show about a Mermaid who washes ashore in the industrious 17^th Century Dutch town of Edam and the effect she has on its inhabitants.
http://steamer10theatre.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4a4fa68e0d77eb472c94ca04d&id=866f127d5f&e=32056bd39a

**
CAST Summer Sessions – As part of the new things at Steamer No.10, our Education Director left quite suddenly and with little notice. Rather than slap something together for the summer we’ve used this as an opportunity to assemble a new staff of instructors with backgrounds in dance, music, a cappella singing, video, stage combat, Shakespeare, and working with young theatre students (5 and older). We have put together an exciting line up of classes and instructors for our CAST 2013 Summer Sessions.
http://steamer10theatre.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4a4fa68e0d77eb472c94ca04d&id=ca6087f22b&e=32056bd39a

**
Grease Auditions – June 17 & 18 from 5 to 7:pm – Performances: August 16, 17, 18 – rehearsals are evenings on an as-needed basis.
Please prepare 16 bars of a Broadway Musical (not Grease), wear loose clothing and be prepared for a dance audition.

Princess Alais (Dana Goodknight - left) and Queen Eleanor (Kristyn Youngblood - right) playing size each other up as potential allies, or enemies in the Lion in Winter.

** Eclectic Performance Series – The Lion in Winter - Square One Productions, an Albany based company comprised entirely of SUNY Albany Theater Dept. Alum, literally the department’s Last Class, is producing the dramatic comedy The Lion In Winter by James Goldman, directed by Charity Buckbee. Having left the security of academia they have moved out into the world and on to square one of life’s chessboard. The Lion In Winter is a 1966 play depicting the personal and political conflicts of Henry II of England, his wife Eleanor of Aquitaine, their children and their guests during Christmas, 1183.
http://steamer10theatre.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4a4fa68e0d77eb472c94ca04d&id=e05bdb302d&e=32056bd39a

**

** It’s been a while since we’ve sent out a newsletter, and as you can see we now have a new format, and if you visit our website www.steamer10theatre.org (http://steamer10theatre.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4a4fa68e0d77eb472c94ca04d&id=31c699c99f&e=32056bd39a)   you will find a new design and with luck it will be easier to use.  We’ve had some staff changes here at the theatre and we are using this as an opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to make Steamer No.10 a location where students have a nurturing experience learning about the theatre and were our audience gets to see shows that can both challenge them and entertain.

**

** Please note that the web address for the programs in this newsletter look a bit odd.  That is the server address and we will get a more normal looking address in there as quickly as possible.  It’s on the long list of bugs to iron out.

** Perhaps the best compliment we’ve gotten in years was a complaint from a three year old who had just watched an hour and a half of A Midsummer Night’s Dream this past spring:  “That’s all?  I want more.”  We will do our best to meet his demand.