[Capdist-announce] UAlbany Theatre

Knapp, John E jknapp at albany.edu
Tue Oct 15 15:37:48 EDT 2013

FOR HOMECOMING WEEKEND
The Department of Theatre will present our New Play Project featuring a
World Premiere of The Carrion by Joshua Mikel

The Carrion will be presented as a staged reading, directed by Chad Larabee.

Time:  Early 17th Century

Place:  A temporary British settlement in a glen within the dark woods of a virginal North America

Joshua Mikel (Playwright) from Conyers, Georgia, is a graduate of Florida State University's Theater and Creative Writing programs.  His plays include The Monster Hunters (Playscripts Inc.), Good Good Trouble on Bad Bad Island (Playscripts Inc.), PIRATES! Theodore Thud and the Quest for Weird Beard (Playscripts Inc.), Quentin G (Playscripts Inc.), The Red Pants Blue Pants Marionette Spectacular (Playscripts Inc.), Aesop, Come Back! (Playscripts Inc.), Bethlehem Motor Community, My Brother's Knife, Muerte del Maestro, Shelter, Us Peoples, and his newest TYA play, The Magicest Most Magical Paintbrush. He is the resident playwright at Endstation Theatre Company (Amherst, VA) and the co-founder of their summer playwriting initiative.  His play The Monster Hunters was commissioned by the Omaha Children's Theater and won the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival's Theater for Young Audiences award in 2007.  Aside from writing, he is a freelance artist (facebook.com/sharkgutsdesign<http://facebook.com/sharkgutsdesign>), and acts, appearing on TV in The Vampire Diaries, Nashville, Breaking Bad, and Being Mary Jane, and in the forthcoming films We're the Millers, Million Dollar Arm, The Good Lie, Let's Be Cops, Paymon, and Crackerjack.

October 17, 18, 19 at 8pm
October 19 and 20 at 2pm
Performing Arts Center-Arena Theatre

EACH TICKET FUNDS OUR NEXT PRODUCTION
$8 for students, faculty-staff, & seniors
$12 general public
More information at www.albany.edu/pac