[Capdist-announce] DEAD MEN DON'T ITCH at Schenectady Civic Playhouse

John Hickman jwmhickman at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 29 17:22:06 EDT 2013

            ***/_Be our guest Sunday, November 3_/**//*//

            /*Celebrating our 86th Season . . .*/**

            */Schenectady Civic Players /**/invite you to . . ./**//*

/*A FREE*/*/staged reading of . . ./*

  ***John R. Arco's . . . .*****

*/_Dead Men Don't Itch_/*

****

*(A REGIONAL PREMIERE)*///Directed by Bonnie Lake/

//**

//

Written by *John R. Arco*, 'Dead Men Don't Itch' (a comedy noir in two
acts) pays homage,

with a wink, to the great detective movies of the golden decade of
classic noir, the 1940's.

Los Angeles. An alley way. Gunshots. A Murder.

Private Eye Jake Chapel is hired by the seductive Grace to find her
missing ravenous twin sister Angel who was last seen torching in the
nightclub of the infamous and dangerous Frankie D. As his late partner's
widow daunts him, the cops taunt him and long lost love haunts him,
Chapel begins his pursuit of the missing girl during which he is
enlisted to find a stolen precious jade and time is of the essence. Will
an alcoholic sax player be able to help him? Will he learn who the
killer in the alley way was? Will he learn why a murder? Will Jake's
case be solved?

*Featured in the cast are:****Michael Schaefer,** Amy LaMena**, Kathy
Schechtman, Randy McConnach, Peter Belenchia, Hank Boland, Jennifer Van
Iderstyne,  Lonnie Honsinger, Mary Kirsten, and Michael Silvia.*

*/- _Sunday, November 3, at 2:30 p.m._ --/**//*

*/(One Performance Only)/*

*/at The Schenectady Civic Playhouse /***

*12 South Church St., in Schenectady's historic Stockade District
(518-382-2081)*

*_FREE Admission.__Open Seating.__No advance reservations._ *

*(Light refreshments served after the show in the Green Room)*

**

*/We're _your_ community theater.At the reception ask how you might get
more involved in our on-stage and/or back-stage fun and excitement./*

www.civicplayers.org