[Capdist-announce] THE JUNGLE BOOK opens at HMT!

Office Manager info at homemadetheater.org
Tue Dec 2 14:59:42 EST 2014

For Immediate Release

December 2, 2014

Contact: Kate Starczewski

(518) 587-4427

info at homemadetheater.org

THE JUNGLE BOOK opens at Home Made Theater

along with HMT's Perfect Match Campaign

In a triple whammy of feel-good news, Home Made Theater is celebrating a
successful 30th season, its upcoming presentation of The Jungle Book and its
Perfect Match campaign-what a way to finish out the year!

SARATOGA SPRINGS-With 2014-2015 marking their 30th season, HMT is elated
about all the buzz surrounding them. Their production of The Addams Family
in October saw a box office boom, and next week's opener of The Jungle Book
is sure to be a smash hit as well.

Dramatized by Mila Johansen from the story by Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle
Book opens Friday, December 12 and runs weekends through December 21. The
production is a revival of sorts, in honor of the 30th anniversary of HMT,
who first produced The Jungle Book in 1996. This year's presentation is
directed by Toni Anderson-Sommo, and features the set design work of Andrea
Nice, a Skidmore graduate, as well as lighting design from Jaime
Martinez-Rivera (also a Skidmore grad) and Dianne O'Neill Filer and Linda
Bertrand on costumes. Rounding out the team are Barry Streifert designing
sound and Steve Moulton designing props.

"We were blown away by the attendance of our fall show and can't wait to see
what The Jungle Book brings next week," said General Manager Stacie Mayette
Barnes.

In addition to the mounting excitement of the show, HMT kicked off their
Perfect Match campaign on Thanksgiving, in an effort to raise $30,000 by the
end of the year. The campaign is HMT's attempt to raise awareness and funds
by encouraging people to post photos and videos of their idea of a perfect
match and then daring others to do the same. Notable matches shared on
Facebook so far have included Dee Sarno and The Arts in Saratoga Springs,
Bill & Susan Dake of Stewart's Shops and their ice cream, Dawn Oesch, owner
of The Candy Co. of Saratoga, and her match of chocolate & maple fudge, and
Fingerpaint Marketing's Bo Goliber and philanthropy, with each making
donations to HMT.

"We're so lucky that an anonymous donor is willing to match every dollar
donated through December 31st, so we're hoping our Perfect Match campaign is
a fun way for people to double their donation while also getting creative
with their posts and rallying others to support our community theater," said
Mayette Barnes.

Home Made Theater is a not-for-profit theater company dedicated to offering
high quality theater productions to entertain, educate and enrich people's
lives in the community. Their mission is to offer outstanding plays,
produced by a dedicated group of professionally minded artists, to offer
classes in the theater arts to people of all ages, and to provide the
opportunity for exciting and rewarding participation in all aspects of the
theater.

"We're hoping the momentum and support carries into the New Year," said
Mayette Barnes, "But most importantly we just want the community to know
we're thankful for their support being the perfect match to our success. We
wouldn't be here without them."

For more information on Home Made Theater or HMT's Perfect Match, please
visit www.homemadetheater.org.  For HMT's Perfect Match Campaign, use
#HMTPerfectMatch on Twitter and Facebook, and don't forget to tag @Home Made
Theater in Facebook posts.

The Jungle Book, with underwriting support by Stewart's Shops, is suitable
for the whole family and runs weekends December 12th through the 21st at the
Spa Little Theater in Saratoga Spa State Park. General admission tickets are
$18 for adults and $12 for children age 12 and under. For reservations or
more info visit  <http://www.homemadetheater.org/> www.homemadetheater.org
or call HMT at (518) 587-4427.

###