[Capdist-announce] Press release and community Calendar Announcement

Linda Hermans info at littletheater27.org
Mon Sep 29 10:08:55 EDT 2014

For Immediate Release:

Saturday, October 4th at 7pm, Clifford Oliver Mealy of Greenwich, will be
portraying Solomon Northup during a free seminar on Solomon Northup at the
Presbyterian Fellowship Hall in Argyle.  This is presented by the Friends
of the Argyle Free Library.

This seminar is part of a larger program with the students of the Argyle
Central School, who will be presenting their research about the Underground
Railroad on November 14.  Cliff will be narrating that program, presented
for the public,  Also, as a professional photographer, he will be working
with the Friends of the Library and the students to produce a
self-published book about the entire project for the grant, to be completed
in December.

Cliff reports, “For at least 15years I have been portraying Solomon
Northup, author of “12 Years a Slave”, for the Greenwich School, and
others; but since the movie, “12 Years a Slave” came out I have been
re-enacting Solomon Northup everywhere.

The seminar is is made possible with public funds from the New York State
Council on the Arts, a state agency, administered locally through the Lower
Adirondack Regional Arts Council*.*to the Friends of the Argyle Free
Library#

--
*Linda Hermans​*
* (Granat writer for the Friends of the Argyle Free Library) ​*
info at littletheater27.org
(518) 747-3421