[Capdist-announce] Opening TONIGHT! Regional Premiere of WATER BY THE SPOONFUL, April 24-May 3

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:07:30 EDT 2015

Confetti Stage presents the Regional Premiere of

WATER BY THE SPOONFUL
Winner of the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
by Quiara Alegría Hudes
directed by Amanda Brinke

Confetti Stage presents the regional premiere of Water by the Spoonful,
winner of the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Drama, by Quiara Alegría Hudes.
Hudes is perhaps best known for writing the book for 2008 Tony-winning Best
Musical, In the Heights.

In Water by the Spoonful, Hudes crafts a love song to her native city of
Philadelphia in this uniquely modern drama, which tells the story of Elliot
Ortiz, a returning Iraq War veteran who is haunted by the ghosts of his
past. Hudes also weaves together the stories of several recovering crack
addicts seeking support and connection in an online chat room. As
storylines in both the real and virtual worlds clash and collide, we share
in the triumphs and struggles of belonging to a family – whether that
family is of flesh and blood or chosen and forged through online
connections. Variety hailed Water by the Spoonful as “a combination poem,
prayer, and app on how to cope in an age of uncertainty, speed, and chaos.”

Our cast features: Keyonn Everett, Ken Goldfarb, Cory Haines, Vivian Hwang,
Donald Hyman, Erica Johnson, and Katrina Wilkinson

PERFORMANCE DATES AND TIMES:
Friday-Saturday, April 24-25 at 7:30pm
Sunday, April 26 at 2:00pm
Thursday-Saturday, April 30 & May 1-2 at 7:30pm
Sunday, May 3 at 2:00pm

All performances will take place at
The Albany Masonic Hall, 4th Floor Theater,
67 Corning Place, Downtown Albany, NY 12207.

Tickets will be available at the door or may be reserved by calling the
Confetti Stage Box Office at (518) 460-1167.
Online tickets are available through our website:
www.confettistage.org/tickets

General Admission Tickets are: $15 for an individual; Flextix (4-show punch
card) for $50;
$10 Student tickets with ID

Also check out our facebook page for info, updates, and pictures of our
cast: https://www.facebook.com/ConfettiStageInc

--
Confetti Stage, Inc
www.confettistage.org

We also invite you to join us for a magical evening at *Le Moulin Rouge
Soiree* at Waterworks Pub (76 Central Ave - Albany) on May 16th, 7pm!