[Capdist-announce] For Immediate Release: The Ghent Playhouse presents Jerry's Girls

Linda Murawski lindam4gph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:09:57 EST 2015

The Ghent Playhouse

6 Town Hall Place

Off Route 66

Ghent, NY 12075

Friday, February 27, 2015

*GHENT PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS JERRY’S GIRLS*

The Ghent Playhouse will present *Jerry’s Girls*, a musical review of Jerry
Herman’s biggest Broadway hits.   Tom Detwiler is directing this
production.

If the winter blues have you down, chase them away by seeing *Jerry’s Girls*,
a lively review of the best-loved show tunes by Jerry Herman.   Jerry
Herman has been delighting Broadway audiences since 1961 with shows like *Milk
and Honey*, *Hello Dolly!*, *Mack & Mabel* and *La Cage Aux Folles *to name
a few.  In addition to the title songs from these shows, also hear
favorites like *I Won’t Send Roses, Bosom Buddies, I Am What I Am, Whatever
He Ain’t* and *It Only Takes a Moment.  *The music, the costumes, the
lights and the incredible talent on stage will have you humming and smiling
as you leave the Playhouse.

Frequent Ghent Playhouse visitors will recognize the cast from both
on-stage and off-stage:

Cathy Lee-Visscher of Valatie is one of the founders of the Playhouse and
has served as a producer, director, stage manager as well as appearing on
stage. She is the current Artistic Director and was seen this season on
stage in *Fallen Angels* and the Panto, *Ali Baba and the 4 Tea Thieves*
and she directed the Playhouse’s production of *Heroes.*

Sally McCarthy of Austerlitz most recently appeared in the Panto (she is a
founding member of the PantoLoons) and was Ma Joad in last year’s
production of *The Grapes of Wrath*.  Some of her other credits are *A
Little Night Music*, *Six women with Brain Death* and *The Oldest
Profession*.

Johnna Murray, another founding member of the PantoLoons and a past
Board member,
has been seen on the Playhouse stage in *Lettice and Lovage*, *Pack of Lies*,
*Private Lives* and *Clue*, to name a few.

Stephanie Tanaka of Chatham, a current member of the Ghent Playhouse Board
of Directors, has appeared on the Playhouse stage in *My Cousin Rachel*, *Hay
Fever* and *Enchanted April*.

Kathy Wohlfeld was seen as Saunders in *Fallen Angels* this season and has
appeared in *Pack of Lies*, *Urinetown* - *the Musical* and *Enchanted
April.*

Samuel Reilly of Chatham is a current Board member and designed the set for
this season’s production of Fallen Angels.  He appeared in *My Cousin
Rachel*, *How the Other Half Loves*, *The 25th Annual Putnam County
Spelling Bee* and *The Grapes of Wrath.*

 Paul Leyden is the Musical Director for this production and will tickle
the ivories on stage.  Ian Tucksmith will be on drums.

*Jerry’s Girls* is being produced by Nancy Hammell, Tom Detwiler is the Set
Designer in addition to Director, Bill Camp is the Lighting Designer and
costumes are by Joanne Maurer.

The Ghent Playhouse is located at 6 Town Hall Place – just off Route 66 in
the town of Ghent in Columbia County, New York.

Performances are March 13-29, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sunday
matinees at 2 p.m.  Tickets are $20 ($17 for Friends of the Ghent
Playhouse) and $10 for students with proper identification.

Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-838-3006 or visiting
ghentplayhouse.org.

Photo by Dan Region     The cast of Jerry’s Girls, Ghent Playhouse
2014-2015 season