[Capdist-announce] Opening this week: Confetti Fest 11 - 10/2-10/11

Confetti Stage confettistageinc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:26:42 EDT 2015

Confetti Stage presents

CONFETTI FEST 11

Confetti Fest 11, a homegrown short play festival, marks the 11th year of a
truly collaborative artistic endeavor for local playwrights, directors,
actors, and technical artists alike.

For the first time in the 11-year history of the festival, we asked
playwrights, directors, and actors to take part in a workshop phase to
further develop their scripts before the company brings their stories and
characters to life on-stage.

Performance dates:
October 2-3 & 8-10 at 7:30pm
October 4 & 11 at 2:00pm

All performances will be at
The Albany Masonic Hall
67 Corning Place
Albany, NY 12207

Tickets are $15 General Admission; $10 Student Admission
Flextix (4 ticket punch card) are $50
Tickets can be purchased at the door or online (please click on Get Tickets
above!)
Tickets can be reserved by calling our Box Office: (518) 460-1167 or
emailing tickets at confettistage.org

This year’s festival brings together contributions from over 40 artists in
producing the following 6 exciting, new plays:

NAILING IT
by Mark Dalton
directed by Jason LaSusa
> Former gymnast “Mighty Monica” Phips-Gratowski brought home Olympic gold,
but that was years ago. How the hell did she end up shooting a commercial
for calcium pills?

THE SEVEN DEADLIES
by Amy Sarah LaMena
directed by Matthew Teichner
>The Seven Deadly Sins are having their regular progress meeting. They are
attempting to audition new members in accordance with their bylaws. It does
not go well.

STRING GAME
by Katherine Ambrosio
directed by John A. Nickles
> Professor Durwood Hastings endures madness, loneliness, confinement, and
bed sores in a psychiatric unit while he attempts to unlock unified string
theory. His only friend and compatriot in this endeavor is, well, a piece
of string.

GOODNIGHT LIZZIE
by Celina Pulenskey
directed by Nick Himmelwright
> Lizzie is battling terminal cancer and unwilling to let go. She struggles
to face her fears of dying, until she's visited by a ghost from her past.

STARS
by Lydia Nightingale
directed by Patricia Keister
> In 1945 Berlin, the war is over. Bridget and Wilhelm gather up the scraps
of their marriage for mending, but clash and finally recognize in each
other the devastating effects of war.

THE PLAY ABOUT YOUR SHOULDER
by Alex Hovet
directed by Kat Fronheiser
> Two lovers argue about love and how it's best expressed, and whether a
shoulder can ever be erotic.

Please visit us on facebook for updates, photos, and more on the Festival!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1484070598585155/

*This project is made possible in part through a Community Arts Grant**, a*

* program funded by The Arts Center of the Capital Region through the New
York State Council on the Arts.*
​ <https://www.facebook.com/events/1484070598585155/>

--
Confetti Stage, Inc