[Capdist-announce] Saratoga Children's Theatre, Upcoming production of Crazy For You Jr., August 12th

Bonnie Boyce gboyce1 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 18:53:34 EDT 2016

For Immediate Release

Saratoga Children’s Theatre Performs Crazy For You Jr.

The Saratoga Children’s Theatre announces live performances of Crazy For You
Jr. , St. Clement’s Elementary School, Saratoga Springs, NY, on Friday
August 12th at 1pm and 6pm. Local children, ranging in age from 10-13 will
be starring in the musical which has been directed by Holly McCormack, along
with music director Ben Jacob. Music and Lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira
Gershwin (50%).  Book by Ken Ludwig (50%). All tickets are sold at the door.
General admission: $10; Kids 11-18 $5, Kids 10 and under FREE!  Refreshments
will be available.

CRAZY FOR YOU® is the story of Bobby Child, a well-to-do 1930s playboy whose
dream in life is to dance. And despite the serious efforts of his mother and
soon-to-be ex-fiancée, Bobby achieves his dream! Memorable Gershwin tunes
include I Can’t Be Bothered Now, Bidin’ My Time, I Got Rhythm, Naughty Baby,
They Can’t Take That Away from Me, But Not for Me, Nice Work if You Can Get
It, Embraceable You and Someone to Watch Over Me. It’s a high energy comedy
which includes mistaken identity, plot twists, fabulous dance numbers and
classic Gershwin music.

For more information, please visit the Saratoga Children’s Theatre web site
at  <http://www.saratogachildrenstheatre.org/>
http://www.saratogachildrenstheatre.org/  (518) 430-7423.

CRAZY FOR YOU®(100%)
Music and Lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin (50%)
Book by Ken Ludwig (50%)
Co Conception by Ken Ludwig and Mike Ockrent (25%)
Inspired by Material by Guy Bolton and John McGowan (25%)
Originally produced on Broadway by
Roger Horchow and Elizabeth Williams (25%)
Original Broadway Choreography by Susan Stroman (25%)

“The worldwide copyrights in the music of
George and Ira Gershwin® for this presentation are licensed by
the Gershwin Family.”