[Capdist-announce] Press release/ Feb. 19,20,21/TPOP&Whit

Laura G devster7 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 22:54:22 EST 2016

Town Players and Whitney Center for the Arts Co-Produce

Town Players of Pittsfield and the Whitney Center for the Arts are co-producing a fully staged production of "10 Short Stories @the Whit" By Jerry Leventhal as part of 10x10 Upstreet Arts Festival in the Cultural Pittsfield's Upstreet Cultural District. It is under the direction of Kevin Paul Wixsom

These ten short stories cover a wide range of emotions. The challenges of faith and devotion are dealt with in “A Defense of Marriage” and “Millie and Ben”. In “I Love You, Jimmy Choo” we meet a woman whose shoes tell her life story, while in “I’ve Got You Covered” a robbery has gone wrong or has it?

That leaves six more intriguing stories for you to find out about when you come to this special 10x10 event at the Whitney Center for the Arts, 42 Wendell Avenue in Pittsfield. Performances are on Friday and Saturday, February 19 and 20 at 8pm and on Sunday, February 21 at 2pm.

The cast includes Deidre Bollinger, Douglas MacDonald, Christopher Michael Brophy, Leah Marie Parker, Peter Podol, Devin Trager, Sheila Wood, Patricia Duckworth and Deborah Mazzone.

Tickets are $15 for general admission and $12 for seniors, students and groups of ten or more. To reserve tickets please email Tix at THEWHIT.org or call 413-443-0289. Contains adult language that may not be suitable for children.